guess my weight

/ guess my weight #1  

dirt clod

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3300, m5700, case 580se
Just out of curiosity about how much do you guys think my m5700 weighs? 4wd with loader. R4 tires front and rear loaded with water. I think the belly pan and canopy adds another 500 or so.

/ guess my weight #2  
Hey dirt clod. Can't guess your weight. Afraid you might want to sit her on my hand. But I see we are neighbors. Good to see a local on here.

/ guess my weight #3  
~5000 for tractor
~1200 for loader
~350 for loader bucket
~600 per tire for ballast

Total of ~7750 is my guess.

Why are you asking???? Trailering it??

/ guess my weight
It was just a curious about the weight ld1. My truck and trailer can haul much more. I was thinking between 8-10k. The belly pan I built and the canopy may weigh more than I think.

/ guess my weight
Larro it may weigh a little more than you can handle on your hand. What neck of the woods you in? I'm in the camphead area west of Shelton's corner not far from drag strip.

/ guess my weight #6  
Tractor data lists 4600# with 4wd and a cab. I gave it an extra 400#. Do you think your canopy AND belly pan weight 400lbs MORE than a cab??

It was a guess on the tire ballast too. T-data listed 16.9x28's. But you said R-4's and I dont know what size. That ballast was figured as just straight water too. If you had calcium added, or used rimguard, it could go up.

I may be a tad light on the loader. Only place I ever see loader weights listed is in the manual. My L3800 is ~900# for the frame, and 250 for the bucket.

So all in all, 7800-8000 is realistic. I dont think you are anywhere 9-10k. Unless you used rimguard or calcium @ 11lbs per gallon which would add about another 500# total

/ guess my weight #7  
Dirt clod, I'm between the Chipola River, Ten Mile Creek and Shelton's. We are pretty close, all things considered.

/ guess my weight
Wasn't trying to disagree with you on weight. My original guess was 8-10k. Looks like you found more info than I did. 7800-8000 does sound right. Thanks for your time LD1

/ guess my weight #10  
Larro you farm or raise cattle?

We used too run about 200 head of cattle, plus a few hogs. Now the livestock is all gone and most of my land is planted in slash or longleaf pines. Them pines never break out right when you are going to town like cows and hogs do.

My sister and I have divided the farm into hers, mine and ours. We have about 11 acres of hay, but it is leased out for the last two years. I still have all the equipment, but we bought the mower and baler in 1978, so it was getting to be a chore finding parts. My sister tried her hand at farming for about ten years, but she sold the last few of her cows last year. She is looking into planting longleaf on her land this winter.

What about you? What do you use that tractor for?