Gun Control: This speaks for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Gun Control: This speaks for itself #141  
300 million people in the United States and 100 million guns in civilian hands. Do the math. Gun control is never going to be a reality.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #142  
There are sheep,wolves and sheepdogs by dave grossman.Good read maybe you should google it and then let us know what you think.coobie

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #143  
Some who worship the various studies on guns might want to research "Arming America" by Michael A. Bellesiles, it was put forth as a leading authority on guns and used by pro gun control groups, praised and won prestigious awards until a peer review was done and found to be essentially useless.

I hate to break this to you BUT, any study can come up with any biased conclusion they want. Studies aren't worth the paper they are written on. For every study one way I can come up with a dozed the other way. WHAT DOES THAT PROVE?

Here's a "STUDY" for you GULLIBLE WARMING, Al Gore did a "study" and swore we were going to BURN UP BY NOW.

Oh my, my. my it snowed 13" in MN today MAY, 02, 2013

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #144  
...what exactly do you hope to accomplish with an expanded background check? I love the gun control logic, lets force law abiding citizens to be even more law abiding. Government studies have already shown expanded background checks will just send criminals to straw buyers and other means so its a big waste of time. So why do gun control advocates keep pushing? Well what they said on CNBC was this was just one step towards additional gun control measures, a foot in the door.

I don't know... maybe because it works :confused3:
Watch the videos for actual experience with gun control.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #146  
The parents should be charged with manslaughter. Give a gun to a then 4 year old and leave it loaded? Come on!

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #147  
We brought guns to school to go groundhog hunting after school before going home The area the school was in was a valley, with a lot of a lot of farmland planted in alfalfa. The local farmers welcomed the teenagers hunting their fields after school. It was good for the farmers, good for the teenagers and bad for the groundhogs. The hours after school, before darkness are prime groundhog hunting hours. America in those years was anything BUT a warzone. Extremely peaceful, and all the males I knew in school with a few exceptions owned firearms from age 12 up. That's right, almost all kids owned guns. Usually .22 rifles at age 12, I had a .22 pistol by 14 and a little later a .357 magnum revolver and a high powered centerfire rifle (7.7 jap) and a 16 guage shotgun. Your impression of a warzone is crap.

James K0UA

Best post I've seen in a while.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #148  
Hiya,

Uggggggg, same old lies, half truths and statistics I have listened to since Hanoi Jane and Mike "Commie" Farrell made an propaganda show about banning guns in the late 70's.
Before that show, I believed in gun control, 3/4s through that show, I realized what the concept of gun control was all about and have been an active supporter of the 2ed Amendment since.

A little about me:
I am a Patron level NRA member and instructor, a former law enforcement officer and a founding member of several gun clubs and shooting ranges.
I have used a pistol in defense of my life and the lives of others on numerous occasions.
I have owned a firearms store and have provided for my family with the proceeds from selling and repairing firearms
I have never used a firearm in anger or out of malice

My perspective on gun control:
1) Rank and file police for the most part are accepting of firearm ownership by the general population, it's the "white shirts" that are anti 2ed Amendment
2) There is no "gun show loophole" Licensed individuals must comply with all BATFE and state regulations no matter where a sale is made, either the licensed location or a gun show. Members of the general public, "unlicensed individuals" (the BATFE term for all individuals that are not FFL holders or agents thereof) are free to conduct private sales where ever permitted by the laws of their state, county or town.
3) "Universal background checks" are nothing more than a way to create a database of gun owners and a list of firearms that predate GCA-68 quicker than the current FFL/4473a form process does. (OK, you can say I'm paranoid, but first you'll have to convince me I don't understand the concepts of big data, Hadoop, relational databases and data analytics, something the major political parties use on a daily basis to target donors, sympathizers and supporters) If data collection and aggregation were not important, both the form 4473 and the proposed "UBC" form would not include detailed firearm information sections, just the individual as they are undergoing a background check, not the gun.
4) Gun control is not about eliminating guns, it's about eliminating guns in the hands of individuals that do not or will not support the current regime. The political class will not disarm, remember Ted Kennedy's "assistant" was detained at JFK for carrying an Uzi machine pistol through a checkpoint.
5) Gun control is people control. Every government that has disarmed it's populace has gone on in later years to remove liberty and freedom from the disarmed populace and exert tyrannical control over it.
6) The number of tragedies that befall innocent people because individuals misuse firearms is insignificant compared to the number of people killed because they were disarmed and had no way to stand up and defend themselves from Communism. See this link: Mass killings under Communist regimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
7) When firearms are outlawed, people will make their own. Just like people in Afghanistan do now, they take a shovel and make an AK. People have made Glock frames out of sawdust and epoxy, single shot pistols out of car antennas and brake tubing. Do you think that an enterprising person with a lathe, milling machine, a wirefeed welder and some stock can't make a machinegun in a couple hours?
8)"Assault weapons" are NOT "Class 3" or more properly denoted "Title 2" automatic weapons. Title 2 weapons are not "easy to obtain" nor "the weapon of choice for gang bangers". Since the enactment of NFA, the National Firearms Act, the act that regulated and taxes the transfer of Title 2 weapons (machine guns, suppressors and destructive devices) exactly ONE legally transferred NFA weapon has been used in the commission of a crime and that is debatable as the person was a law enforcement officer and may have transferred the item on a department letterhead, which is not a "proper" transfer to an individual. (not 100% on the case so don't flame me on this)
9 A firearm in the house does not increase the likelihood of you or a family member being killed by it. This is a decades old false statistic, first put forward by Pete Shields of HGC inc. Tell you what, the odds of you being killed are just about 100% if a determined killer comes into you house and you don't have a gun, I recommend you have something to shoot back with.

OK, it's taken way too long to type this out in any sort of sense. If I have offended anyone, oh well, can't please everyone. You have the freedom of choice, either to arm yourself or not to arm. Choice is yours, however, as I do not force my views and choices onto you, please allow me to make my choices and exercise my 2ed Amendment rights.

Tom

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #149  
You can't legislate stupidity. How would gun control have stopped this? Are you saying just take them all away?

How did that registry work out in your country? Eh?

Absolutely correct accident happen and will continue to happen, with cars, falling down a stairway ect. Gun control will never work period, the only control
it has is on the good law abiding citizens.
Only the brainwashed agree with control, example the two Canadians who have been for years controlled by their countries propaganda on the evil gun.

Our country has been controlled by the few because the many has allowed this to happen. It is called political correctness, the few form their groups
and pass draconian laws and the many allow it.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #150  
Gun control is a controversial topic on both sides of the boarder. Regardless of what guns you are allowed to own, gun control should prevent children from owning guns and require safe storage of guns. I agree, this is mostly a parenting issue, but the laws set the situation up in the first place.

Butt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.