Gun Control: This speaks for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Gun Control: This speaks for itself #181  
Don't know how long the policy lasted or if you consider it marketing to children, but in the early 1960's the NRA gave lifetime memberships to all Boy Scouts that wanted them. They also provided educational materials to scouts. But that was when it was not unusual to see a shotgun or rifle in the back window of a pickup in the school parking lot.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #182  
Are you advocating that the government shouldn't restrict firearm possession in any respect? Do you believe it is ok for the Alan Lanza's of the world to be able to go down to the local Quick Trip and purchase an AR 15, and a case of .223?

If you ansewer these questions in the negative, then it is a matter of the extent of the government's responsibility and how best to achieve it, not that the government has no responsibility at all because it isn't in their oath.

Alan Lanza???

Nothing should be done cause of him. He idoled other mass killers. If he changes this country in the least bit, other psyco's may idol Adam Lanza and possibly want to go out in hopes to mess this country up more. An observation but evil is evil.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #183  
Alan Lanza??? Nothing should be done cause of him. He idoled other mass killers. If he changes this country in the least bit, other psyco's may idol Adam Lanza and possibly want to go out in hopes to mess this country up more. An observation but evil is evil.

I don't necessarily disagree with your literal statement, but that is just one isolated incident and in no way answers the question of what the role of the goverment should be in regulating access to firearms.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #184  
If you were to actually read the second ammendment you would learn that the founding fathers intent was to allow the people to protect themselves from the government becoming a dictatorship. The fastest way to control a population is to dissarm it.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #185  
   / Gun Control: This speaks for itself
Hope all is well.coobie

:thumbsup: Thanks, I need my second cup in the morning before I'm not a crusty grump. All's good.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #187  
I respect the original posters opinions on gun control. Just as well as he should respect mine/ours.

The option of having a "choice" with open firearm ownership in Canada is gone for him but we STILL have a choice here in the US. I feel it is better to have a choice...no?

Many out there have the opinion of having all guns turned in and be through with all the bad stuff that happens with them. Saying a gun owner should turn them in is as twisted a thought as gun owners demanding non-gun owners to BUY a gun and train their kids/family in safe usage. the antigun crowd seem so offensive and the gun owner crowd seems to be just defensive......what if the gun owner crowd became offensive?

What ever happened to the sanctity of freedom? OR how about responsibility?

From my observations of crime involving firearms....most crime occurs in cities. Ironically the country hicks of this nation are loaded to the teeth with guns and are looked upon as being uneducated clinging to their bibles and guns. Funny how the cities seem to have the problems of irresponsibility and "kids out of control" these days and claim to be so much more educated than us country folk.

Why should the ill effects of the urban uneducated be a template to follow for the country folk who probably were raised around proper use of firearms? If the problems are in the cities....keep the solution there. Why do we need a solution to a problem we don't have???

anyway....Think freedom, personal responsibility, and common sense toward your fellow man and you will not have to worry about appointing another out of control bureaucracy to monitor our every thought.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #189  
   / Gun Control: This speaks for itself #190  
The option of having a "choice" with open firearm ownership in Canada is gone

Goodness no LOL

You can own guns in Canada, long guns, rifles, even hand guns. You have to take a weekend course for your permit is all. What you cant do is carry it other than from your home to the shooting range or to the hunting grounds when in season along with a hunting permit.

All in all I like Canada's law better.

Status
Not open for further replies.