Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Gun Safety...did anybody see this.. #1  

slapshot

Silver Member
Tractor
'51 Ford 8n
Cop Shoots Himself in the foot

Kinda funny and scary all at once...although If I were to ever meet up with this guy in a dark alley......I may have a fighting chance as long as he's armed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-dave

/ Gun Safety...did anybody see this.. #2  
Yeah, I saw it...dumb cop...not the first dumb cop I've seen though...

/ Gun Safety...did anybody see this.. #3  
Yup, seen it. Some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. He's lucky he didn't win a Darwin Award.

/ Gun Safety...did anybody see this..
Local radio station had the story here. Supposedly the guy was an undercover DEA agent.....so now after being video taped and played all over the internet, he cant do that either.

I just thought it was funny after blowing a hole in his foot the guy just keeps going on. What a clown.

-dave

/ Gun Safety...did anybody see this.. #5  
I feel sorry for the guy. He was distracted and forgot his training, assuming he had any.

Read the stories told here in this forum. We all make mistakes. If you saw that in a movie or TV show you'd probably say "Nobody could be that dumb!"

Remember, drop the magazine, then rack the slide!

/ Gun Safety...did anybody see this.. #6  
It's a shame if anyone gets hurt, and one thing that bugs me in cases like this is the bad impression it makes on many people. Face it. People who were on the fence about gun ownership see something like this and think, "Gee. Here's someone who is supposed to be a professional with a weapon, and look what happened".

That said, it is quite difficult for me to feel sorry for this big-headed idiot. If he'd have spent as much time building his gun handling skills as he did building his ego, there would have been no negligent discharge in class.................chim

/ Gun Safety...did anybody see this.. #7  
Unfortunately, the only thing really unusual about it is the fact that it was filmed. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I had owned rifles, pistols, and shotguns before I became an officer, but I learned that many new police recruits have never fired a gun of any kind before becoming a police officer. And, sad to say, accidental discharges are not at all uncommon, both with experienced and inexperienced officers. And as more and more departments change from revolvers to automatics, the number of accidents climbs.

/ Gun Safety...did anybody see this.. #8  
Yes, sir, VERY well said !!!

/ Gun Safety...did anybody see this.. #9  
Bird, I'm certain that you're correct about new officers firearms experience. To a lot of officers, the firearm is a tool that they use at work, or don't use if they are lucky I guess.

They are in many cases not "shooters" who go to the range and practice other than what's required.

/ Gun Safety...did anybody see this.. #10  
I may have a fighting chance as long as he's armed.
//
All I know is that if he had been after me he would have nailed me dead center, and I am allergic to lead /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.