Guy Get's Free Hitachi Excavator. Interesting Video.

/ Guy Get's Free Hitachi Excavator. Interesting Video. #1  

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
   / Guy Get's Free Hitachi Excavator. Interesting Video. #2  
I'd take it.

/ Guy Get's Free Hitachi Excavator. Interesting Video. #3  
Yeah, it is a "well worn" "digger", but hey, the man got it out of the woods UNDER IT'S OWN POWER. Now that is something to be proud of. Sure the track is clapped out. sure the bushings on the bucket are "gone", sure one of the travel motors leaks like a sieve, Yeah, lots of problems. he estimates he can get most of it fixed for $3000. And I can tell you this much, he is the man to do it. The next time I find an excavator in the woods, this man is the one I would sure call on.

/ Guy Get's Free Hitachi Excavator. Interesting Video. #4  
Looking at some more videos after getting it running, He is using it regularly, more maintenance of course, and he replace some of the pins in the bucket linkage, Turns out the bushing were ok, just the pins worn out. He made his own pins from 50mm stock.

/ Guy Get's Free Hitachi Excavator. Interesting Video.
I didn't see further video. I was more interested in the economics of the situation. I always maintain that good used equipment doesn't cost you anything, being able to sell it for what you basically paid.