GX345 snow blower

/ GX345 snow blower #11  
speaking of manuals, before you buy one on ebay, check John Deere's website for pricing on a NEW one. Often times, the ratty old ones auction for more than a brand new one from Deere.

/ GX345 snow blower
I have one of them for my 325. It works great and goes on and off very quickly. I run mine with wheel weights and four 42lb suitcase weichts on the back. enjoy your new thrower.

Hey GreenRules I have a couple of questions. First, how high does your tractor lift the snow thrower off the ground? Mine only comes up about an inch or two. Second, did you have to remove the front bumper in order to put the blower on? I was told I would have to but I see no reason why I would. Third, there is a bar that attaches to the left side of the blower and swings across and is supposed to connect to the front right side of the tractor, do you have one? and if so where the heck does it attach to the tractor and why? Lastly, I have wheel weights and chains, but thats it. Do you think I will need the additional weights as well?

/ GX345 snow blower #13  
you need to remove the plastic bumper and put the stabilizer through the front hole. That's the rod you are talking about.

Make sure you zero your deck dial. The yokes on the frame have threads on them. You should be able to adjust the height some there also.

Wheel weights and chains will probably be enough for flat paved ground, but I have four 42lb weights on back also.

Good luck.

/ GX345 snow blower
you need to remove the plastic bumper and put the stabilizer through the front hole. That's the rod you are talking about.

Make sure you zero your deck dial. The yokes on the frame have threads on them. You should be able to adjust the height some there also.

Wheel weights and chains will probably be enough for flat paved ground, but I have four 42lb weights on back also.

Good luck.

I can't thank you enough. I did everything you suggested and now I can lift the blower about 6 or 8 inches off the ground. I never even thought about zeroing the deck dial. The only problem now is, when I lift it, it does not come up level. I thoughy maybe adjusting the yokes it would straighten out, but it doesn't. If one yoke is tightened more then the other, then the looser one will just hang there and not even help in lifting the blower. Any suggestions?

/ GX345 snow blower #15  
is the rod on the front binding?

you could try lowering the unit all the way and then measure the front lift to the floor on each side.

sounds like somthing is binding up. maybe someone lying on the floor while you lift it would help?

glad to help.

/ GX345 snow blower #16  
In case anyone else needs the manual. You can view it online on the John Deere site. Under manuals the ones highlighter in green can be viewed.

Chris

/ GX345 snow blower #17  
I have the 42" snowthrower on my 355 and if I have it level at ground height it is not level when fully lifted up. I have tried all sorts of adjustments with little improvement. I think if you had an adjustable track rod making it longer or shorter might resolve it. After messing with it for awhile I gave up, decided it doesn't matter to me if it's crooked when raised as long it does the job when lowered........

/ GX345 snow blower
I have the 42" snowthrower on my 355 and if I have it level at ground height it is not level when fully lifted up. I have tried all sorts of adjustments with little improvement. I think if you had an adjustable track rod making it longer or shorter might resolve it. After messing with it for awhile I gave up, decided it doesn't matter to me if it's crooked when raised as long it does the job when lowered........

My problem exactly. There are two holes in the stabilizer bar. Switching to the second hole (shortening the bar) helped a lot in leveling the blower. Its still not perfect, but as you said, as long as it does the job when lowered. I may try flattening the bar an inch or so higher, and drill a third hole (shortening it even more). I will let you know how it works out.

I was thinking about putting rear suitcase weights on. I have the rear wheel weights, but not so sure it will be enough. Do you use rear weights, and if so, how much? Thanks

/ GX345 snow blower #19  
I have wheel weights and (4) 43# suitcase weights on the back of mine. Also run bar tires with chains. Never have any issues.

/ GX345 snow blower #20  
HI, new here and I have found you all very informative!
I am considering this GX345 for my wife to use with a snowthrower.( I am disabled)
I like the idea of power steering and Hyd lift. That said, is the Snowthrower hdy lift as well once the kit is installed?
Thanks for any advice. I have owned and operated many of the compact Utility tractors ( 990 was latest) but this is new territory and I dont want junk. I think this may be a better set up than a new X320 with a thrower...
---Bruce