Mowing GX75 Struggles To Get Moving?

/ GX75 Struggles To Get Moving? #1  

Ajkissin

Tractor
John Deere GX75
I just bought a John Deere GX75 and it is in great shape. However, when I put it into gear and let off the brake, it struggles to get moving. I have noticed that pulling up on the brake pedal will get things moving much better. Any idea what may be going wrong here? Is there anything that may need adjusting?

Never owned a belt driven rider and figured this may be the best place to get some advice...

Thanks!

/ GX75 Struggles To Get Moving? #2  
Your drive belt is loose and/or worn. If there is no adjustment you'll need a new one. Had similar issue on my Deere STX 46.

Sent from my iPhone 2.0 using TractorByNet

/ GX75 Struggles To Get Moving?
Thanks for the quick reply! Hopefully it is as easy as an adjustment

/ GX75 Struggles To Get Moving? #4  
I suspect you will find an idler pulley that is controlled by the clutch and brake pedal, and also has some compression springs to keep the belt tight when engaged. New belt may be your solution, as well as some adjustment in those springs.

/ GX75 Struggles To Get Moving? #5  
Tensioning of the belt comes from spring pulling on the clutch pivot arm and idler as beenthere stated. There is 2 holes for the spring to go in, 1 for a new belt and 1 for a worn belt, use forward hole for worn belt. Keep in mind that it is designed to slip in higher gears, that is meant to keep the machine from throwing you off of the back of the seat in lower gears. So don't expect the machine to climb a hill in higher gears.

/ GX75 Struggles To Get Moving? #6  
Oops, just noticed the part where the op talked about pulling up on the brake to get it to move. When the brake is depressed it interlocks into the clutch to disengage as well, so could also have a brake linkage issue also but I would start with spring location first.