Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #21  
It is one of the things Harbor Freight sells in assortments and for a very reasonable price!

One Christmas I spent 25 bucks for several assortments as a Christmas gifts for my brother... it's the gift that keeps on giving...

Hitch Clip Assortment, 15 Pc.

PTO Pin Assortment 2 Pc.

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #22  
I have one of those "R" pin clips on the dump of my JD trailer,, I hate it,,
because of that pin, I will disconnect the trailer from the tractor to "dump" the trailer, rather than pulling the pin.

Here is what my tractor uses,, a pin with a spring loaded ball in the end,, PLUS a cable should the pin get knocked out,,

XP3dDxV.jpg

This works great, I am always readjusting the arm position on this tractor, and these pins work great.

The cables did rust away, I replaced them for a few dollars with all stainless steel from eBay,, about a year ago.

b4kZ3Af.jpg

I covered the cables with heat shrink,, for looks,,, :D

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #23  
I don't use anything on either tractor. I'm in tall growth and brush constantly. Never lost a stabilizer pin.

You won't Richard. gravity holds them in.... I never have either. Just another excess part to have to remove.

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer
I guess gravity works different in other places, any pin that not clipped in gets lost, and lots of clips disappear.

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #25  
Even if mine came out (which they never have since I've had the tractor (2004), they are tethered to the 3 point arm with a chain so they cannot get lost. I farm with mine so it gets bounced around a lot.

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer
I checked on the Messick web site and they list them for the M7060HDC12, and my Dealer Gatorland Kubota was very nice and mailed me three of them BUT they are too small, right shape. Kubota even with the WSM makes finding part nos. difficult.

Went through the same sort of problem with Messicks/Bushhog. Wanted to add BusHog toggle flex toplink to my old FMC sidewinder 6'. So I downloaded a parts listing from Bushog and found the toplink and bushing it pivots/slids on part nos. Messicks sells their parts, so looked them up on Messicks site. The part nos agreed for the toplink but the bushing showed a different nos.

Called BusHog parts found out their part nos was correct the messicks nos was a spacer below it. Although the BusHog showed I needed four of them.

Called Messicks gave them the right part nos [not listed online] and the parts were dropped shipped from Bushog, with a $22.76 shipping charge pn $48 worth of parts.

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #27  
I checked on the Messick web site and they list them for the M7060HDC12, and my Dealer Gatorland Kubota was very nice and mailed me three of them BUT they are too small, right shape. Kubota even with the WSM makes finding part nos. difficult.

Went through the same sort of problem with Messicks/Bushhog. Wanted to add BusHog toggle flex toplink to my old FMC sidewinder 6'. So I downloaded a parts listing from Bushog and found the toplink and bushing it pivots/slids on part nos. Messicks sells their parts, so looked them up on Messicks site. The part nos agreed for the toplink but the bushing showed a different nos.

Called BusHog parts found out their part nos was correct the messicks nos was a spacer below it. Although the BusHog showed I needed four of them.

Called Messicks gave them the right part nos [not listed online] and the parts were dropped shipped from Bushog, with a $22.76 shipping charge pn $48 worth of parts.

For parts direct from Messick's, ALWAYS ask for USPS shipping.
Messick's will always use UPS unless you ASK for USPS.
Priority USPS is VERY cost effective!