Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #11  
I use tension cords on the tension bar rotators on the JD. Wonder if they will fit into those holes.

The other end is attached behind a fender or somewhere up top.

Ralph

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #13  
I don't use anything on either tractor. I'm in tall growth and brush constantly. Never lost a stabilizer pin.

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #15  
I don't have anything retaining my pins. Mine have chains attached so worst case would be the pins would pop out and hanging on the chain but that's never happened. I can't imaging messing with retainer pins every time I pull the stabilizer pins to adjust the arms.

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #16  
On this side of the pond we call then `R` pins. theres a box of 150 assorted size on Ebay for around US$10.00.

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #17  
On those adjustment pins, once the originals were pulled out, I do not use any retainer clip (R pin, hair pin) on those.
Gravity does fine.

I have had to double over some of the other retainers on the tractor to keep from losing them.
I operate in tall grass and brush a lot and have lost many of those retainers.

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #18  
I’m also in the camp of not having to use an extra pin to keep the stabilizer pins in. The stabilizer pins have never came out and they are on chain tethers anyway.

Do use some assorted spring pins when I have to R&R the 3pt hitches to use the backhoes. Some like the R-pins are easier to do just hard to find.

/ Hairpin Cotter for Stabilizer #20  
Kubota dealer is probably the most expensive place to buy a common market item. Buy the assortment at Harbor Freight or any farm/hardware store. When I had wooded property I lost a lot of various pins and keepers so kept spares handy.

Ron