Ham Radio?

/ Ham Radio? #11  
Danny Y
My understanding is you can have a cell phone and carry a pay as you use card. Someone may offer this as a package or you just buy the air time as a debit and run out of air time. The phones are for sale @ Ebay. Depending on your service area, you would want to investigate analog verses digital or dual purpose phones. Point to point as per cell towers per square mile. That's not so good here around the mountains. Some may just want it as a locator with power on if you was stuck in a snow bank or buryed to the gills on your tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Far better for those developing 2nd property before power comes to the door.
Good old Morris, use it or you loose it. I think I know where I can still trip on some of that old wire.

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

/ Ham Radio? #12  
Even an unsubscribed phone is suppose to be usable to dial 911. So for emergencys you should be able to use it. Now that doesnt get you a tow truck, or anything other than true emergencys but might help.
You can also check into "emergency" services many cell phone companys have. Allows you to pay a low monthly fee and usually has free calling to specific help services, 911, towing, AAA, etc.

Hey, I am Gary

/ Ham Radio? #13  
N8EMR is the call. North Central Ohio.

Hey, I am Gary