Oil & Fuel Handling diesel

/ Handling diesel #12  
Lifting and holding up a 5 gallon can of fuel higher than the fuel tank gets old very quickly so I put the full can in the FEL and lift until it is higher than the fuel tank. Then I use a jiggle siphon to get the flow going and then lift the FEL higher to get a faster flow and go and watch the grass grow. No lifting, no mess, time to go and do something else.

/ Handling diesel #14  
pallet + white plastic drum + fill-rite electric 12v pump = heaven... (cost around 300$ worth of diesel to fill the drum)

bought the entry level fill-rite 12v pump and did my own plumbing, bought a manual nozzle with 16 feet 3/4" hose.

filling the tractor (DK45SE) now take less than a minute... instead of using my tractor's battery I just use an old ATV battery.

/ Handling diesel #15  
There was a LOOONG session on this a while back. Go on line and look up EZ Pour to buy yourself a new flexible nozzle. Your TSC may have some. You can also find new vents or buy them, drill 1/2" holes and put vents into your can/plastic.

I personally use a kerosene syphon that I bought at TSC about 10 years ago. I use it until the 5 gallon container is down enough so that I can lift it and hold it. Just sit the container a little higher or on same level as the fill hole to your tank.

Ralph

/ Handling diesel #16  
   / Handling diesel #17  
Thanks to all who mentioned and posted those web sites for the easy pour and poly vent. I had to fill my tractor after plowing seven inches that fell yesterday. After some more choice words for those stupid safety cans, I ordered several for all my fuel cans. I wish they would just sell the old style and put a warning on them saying if you are stupid, you may blow yourself up. Thanks again to all.

/ Handling diesel
Well, thanks everyone for the good information. I don't use enough to warrant a stand alone tank, as much as the convenience of it would be nice. I'll see if the EZ Pour will fit my cans and get some ordered. I'm ok to hoist the can for a while yet, I hope.

As a thank you, attached is a picture of a part of the lane I clear, taken just before the amount of snow down was doubled a few times.

Cheers,

Jon

Attachments

• image-582873055.jpg
    image-582873055.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 82
   / Handling diesel #19  
DSC00773.jpg
Got tired of the jugs and the mess and decided to put this together. It's 55 Gallons of diesel and easy to load in the back of my pickup for a refill at the local diesel station.

/ Handling diesel #20  
View attachment 352847
Got tired of the jugs and the mess and decided to put this together. It's 55 Gallons of diesel and easy to load in the back of my pickup for a refill at the local diesel station.

Amen, that's what I did for both gas and diesel. I have the steel tanks and rotary hand pumps I fill both 2-3 times a year. I recommend you get the 10 micron spin off filter with the water absorbing media. Easier to keep track to get the off road use tax rebate also. Also i dose both with fuel additives when filling.

Ron