Handling Filled Tires

/ Handling Filled Tires #41  
Well, I'm new here but here goes my first post. The solution is easy. You buy another tractor to move the tires on the other tractor. :)

Not being a stranger to moving heavy tires (we have a m35a3 2 1/2 ton truck), I have found a come along to be one of your best friends. that, and a ceiling strong enough to hold the weight of the tires. and that come along is just so handy for so many other things!

Jerry a.k.a badmastard.

/ Handling Filled Tires #42  
I like your thinking BadMastard. A second tractor is the ideal solution!

Welcome aboard!

/ Handling Filled Tires #43  
"Only" a second tractor...???? ;)

/ Handling Filled Tires #44  
   / Handling Filled Tires #46  
That's only a minimum, not a maximum!

/ Handling Filled Tires
All kidding aside, I wonder how that would work, to bring a tractor up to the side with forks, grab it and back up, set it aside and grab the other one. Couldn't do it in the garage, it would have to be out in the open with room to maneuver. Seems like it would still be dicey to keep that tire upright with the forks under the middle of it. I think the flop-over factor would be huge. Unless you put the forks together and picked it up from the inside of the wheel. Anyone ever done that?

/ Handling Filled Tires #48  
i've used a tractor with a loader to shuttle tires right up to the hub and then use a prybar to walk it off the loader bucket and lean against the hub

/ Handling Filled Tires #49  
i had to swap some tires off this rowcrop and put new ones on ( ouch$$ ) on some different ones after some rim repair and a new brake drum... loader cam in handy.

a33127.jpga33126.jpg

/ Handling Filled Tires #50  
Oh. I hung mine by the loader bucket on a come along. On the deuce that is. But forks would work too I think. :)