Happy BIRD-day!

/ Happy BIRD-day! #71  
Happy Bird Day from up MD way. It's nice that a bunch of TBNes were able to get together. I have a surprise party for a neighbor this saturday.
I had to google just where Denton was. I used to spend a fair amount of time in San Antonio back in the 80's, but have only visited the Dallas airport.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #72  
San Antonio is a whole different world from Dallas, in my opinion.:) We've been fortunate enough to travel a lot of the USA and I especially enjoy being out in the "country" but for a city to visit, I like San Antonio.

And would you believe I also used to live in Maryland?:D Of course that was when I was one to two years old and my dad, an Oklahoma farm boy, took a job in the Social Security offices in Baltimore. He and mother learned pretty quickly that they didn't care for the big city life, and returned to Oklahoma.:D

/ Happy BIRD-day! #73  
I'm about an hour from the Baltimore Social Security office.

I know parts of the movie "Pure Country" was filmed south of the Dallas area, Midlothian and Cresson. The area in the movie are pretty, one of my favorite movies. I have a sister that used to live in Houston for several years. When she moved from there in the early 80's, I flew to Houston and helped drive a Uhaul to Cleveland, so I probably did drive around the Dallas area, as we kept to the interstates driving up.

Enjoy that bobblehead!

/ Happy BIRD-day! #75  
Happy Bird Day a few days late. Sorry we could not make it Bird. We did get an invite but were committed to be in Galveston that day. One of these days I will get a chance to meet some of the great TBN folks. Seems like I am on the road even more than ever now.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #76  
Happy Birthday Bird. Wish I could have been there. Would have loved to have seen everyone.

James

/ Happy BIRD-day! #78  
Happy Birthday Bird. Wish I could have been there. Would have loved to have seen everyone.

James

We wish you could have been there, too. Like Harv said, you folks were missed.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #79  
   / Happy BIRD-day!

James

James, we missed you at the party, but that didn't stop us from talking about you and Barbara.;) We all were remembering the fish fry at my place and that you brought your well-behaved pet bulldog. I think by this spring, we are all going to be itching for an excuse to get together again for a cookout. Surely we can find some small project to do that will give us the little excuse we need.:)

BTW: Bird hasn't mentioned it, but I sent him a framed picture of all of us together up on the podium in front of the 70th birthday sign. I also sent him a CD with all the pictures we took at the party. If anyone else wants those pictures, just PM with your email address and I'll try to send you photos or post them somewhere you can access them on the web.

One last thing... I don't know about others, but I think close-up pictures of me are pretty scary. I thought Bird looked pretty darn good, but he wasn't really happy with some of the pictures, and I guess I can understand that.:rolleyes: What do you all think? If I look anywhere nearly as good as Bird does when I'm 70, I'll be pretty happy.:)