Happy Days Folks....!!!!

/ Happy Days Folks....!!!! #11  
Congrats Bob. I've always passed on the opportunity to rent properties. I have no patience for the things you have had to put up with. You're a better man than I. :)

/ Happy Days Folks....!!!! #12  
Today, after attending a family birthday for a 2 year old I come home to a message that all the front windows in my rental home have been broken...

Seems the ex boyfriend of my tenant's 17 year old grand daughter was upset they broke up... my tenant the grandmother has rented from me since before the grand daughter was born...

Few people regret getting out of the rental business and I say more power to you!

/ Happy Days Folks....!!!! #13  
Bob.....congrats on the rentals.....must be a great feeling. Because we're buddies and I care......if you want......I could call you once a week at three in the morning and pretend to be a renter.....just for old times sake??? :thumbsup: Seriously.....time to enjoy life!!!!!:drink:

/ Happy Days Folks....!!!!
Oh come on, you will miss digging some random fat ladies hairball out of a shower drain.

Oh much worse than that left in toilets over the years...LOL....and shower and tub abuse never even imagined..Nahh, I don't think I will miss it...:)

Congratulations. That is one less thing to take care of. Enjoy your retirement with your Wife and Family. Best wishes.

Thanks creekbend !

Now just dont go into the "hoss" business:laughing: I used to help a friend when I was in college, he worked for a guy that owned quite a few properties. I was shocked at some of the "stuff" that had to be fixed. Not for me "brutha":D They expect prompt maintenance, but how many do you have to chase down for the rent $$?

Worse most leave in the middle of the night to parts unknown...they just forfeit the deposit and ignore the lease...It is not practical to chase them all over the US to find them and sue them and they know it...and the courts seem to always favor the tenant,,

Congrats Bob. I've always passed on the opportunity to rent properties. I have no patience for the things you have had to put up with. You're a better man than I. :)

No , You are a smarter man than me..Tig....you never drank the Kool aid and got rentals....I did well over the years but it is no part time job and certainly not absentee nor is it stress free....LOL

Today, after attending a family birthday for a 2 year old I come home to a message that all the front windows in my rental home have been broken...

Seems the ex boyfriend of my tenant's 17 year old grand daughter was upset they broke up... my tenant the grandmother has rented from me since before the grand daughter was born...

Few people regret getting out of the rental business and I say more power to you!

Ultrarunner....sorry to hear about the vandelisim...just sickening...I feel your pain...It always comes out of the blue when you least expect a problem , doesn't it.?

Bob.....congrats on the rentals.....must be a great feeling. Because we're buddies and I care......if you want......I could call you once a week at three in the morning and pretend to be a renter.....just for old times sake??? :thumbsup: Seriously.....time to enjoy life!!!!!:drink:

Tell you what pal of mine, Jerrybob, if I ever get nostalgic and begin to miss the harassing calls from tenants I will call you first and you can be the first to call me pretending to be a renter....;)

/ Happy Days Folks....!!!! #15  
Congratulations ex-landlord Bob. Now, you don't have to play devil to the tenants from Hades. Aren't all landlords devils?;)

My last rental was a home I was selling. I sold it to a handyman who rented it for six months while fixing it up for resale/flip. The rental went well until he almost had the house done. A woman who lived in section 8 housing came by and saw the house. She had new job and wanted to think about buying the house. For some reason, that made her drug soaked boyfriend jealous. He drove her car to the house and aimed for the support between the two garage doors. He smashed in the support and garage doors. So right before closing the sale, I had to make an insurance claim. Oh well. . . they paid up and I passed the money on to the handyman who was able to completely renew the garage front and doors.

/ Happy Days Folks....!!!! #16  
Looking back a lot of landlord tenant issues are caused by the personal relationship problems tenants have with boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses or children...

Amazing how fast a situation can go from cloud nine to all out war...

In a perfect world all the bad tenants and landlords would find each other and leave the rest of us in peace...

I'm off to fix windows this morning... I know I will collect eventually for the damage... the policy in my city is whatever happens is on the property owner and once rectified... the owner can go after the party responsible...

It use to be so much simpler when a landlord could just give a tenant a notice to move... now, we must give a specific reason from a list of 7 approved reasons... thus, setting up the possibility for protracted litigation.

Gee Jim, Your rental kicked you in the butt on your way out....just wouldn't let you go...LOL That is a perfect example of some of the crazy things landlords have to endure....and yes we are always the bad guy and for some reason all tenants pay all their other bills before they pay their rent....I never have understood that logic...

I know you were glad to get out too.....If I ever post that I have bought another rental house...kick me !!! Hard.

Looking back a lot of landlord tenant issues are caused by the personal relationship problems tenants have with boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses or children...

Amazing how fast a situation can go from cloud nine to all out war...

In a perfect world all the bad tenants and landlords would find each other and leave the rest of us in peace...

I'm off to fix windows this morning... I know I will collect eventually for the damage... the policy in my city is whatever happens is on the property owner and once rectified... the owner can go after the party responsible...

It use to be so much simpler when a landlord could just give a tenant a notice to move... now, we must give a specific reason from a list of 7 approved reasons... thus, setting up the possibility for protracted litigation.

Here in Georgia your tenant or you would be able to seek to have the boyfriend arrested for criminal damage to property right away....No need to wait for repairs...and the judge would order them to pay restitution....I hope you get paid....

/ Happy Days Folks....!!!! #19  
Could not repair last night because the crime technician had to come out first.

Tenant grand daughter has a restraining order and tenant said she will apply for one tomorrow.

I've met the kid a couple of times and never been anything but cordial... as a landlord... you need to be extra careful about making enemies...

In the last 7 days at different locations 7 people have been shot and several were within a block from different rentals and 3 at the intersection I drive though leaving and coming home...

The under 25 youth shooting people really could care less about consequences... almost like the wild west all over again.

OK - I gotcha....whole different situation, there are areas here that would be the same way....you know how to handle it...enemies like that you don't need and you are right the young urban don't place any value on life and look at prison as an alternate lifestyle and badge of honor..Be Careful !