Happy Days!!!

/ Happy Days!!! #12  
Perfect melting weather down here in the valley today Pete. Low 40's and sunny. Hopefully it'll just stay like this for a week or so. This is taxing the rivers and run off some, but one warm rainy day, and the lowland towns are sunk. Like I wrote a couple of weeks ago, "the 5th season, coming soon to a New England town near you".

This year, I'm buying higher boots! Knee highs if I can find a pair. That way I'll still be able to visit the back half of my yard.

Todd

/ Happy Days!!! #13  
Todd -- We actually hit 40 yesterday, with a gentle wind that made it seem much cooler but that really went to work on our snowpack. Hard to tell how deep it actually is since the wind blew it around pretty much while it was fluffy. Some spots are 8 feet deep and others only 3 feet deep. The marker on my patio support shows a depth of 54". Either way you look at it...A LOT!

We're on the high ground, so the worst that can happen is our road becomes a stream and washes away. But the poor sods in Stowe and Moscow who built next to the Little River, and those in Waterbury on the banks of the Winooski, must be sweating bullets right now!

Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ Happy Days!!! #14  
I believe those boots are call swampers. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
The weather.com calling for rain warmer temps this weekend, /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif but the forecast for next week so far high 50's to mid 60's,that should test the culverts streams etc.. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Happy Days!!! #15  
Swampers. Really? I saw some "muck boots" down at lenny's shoes a couple of weeks ago. Duck boots with neoprin instead of leather that I'm considering. Sometimes I think I should dump a bunch of sand in my wettest acre and grow cranberries/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.
If this week gives us a few more days like today, before the warm rains show up, we might do ok. If not, I'll have to go take pictures of that dam near five corners in Essex, and the winooski river down by the hydo plant. They sure are pretty when the water gets dangerously high.
A few years ago I was in Manchester NH for mud season. That water gets scarey high on a normal snow year Thomas. Look out this year!
Todd

/ Happy Days!!! #16  
Hope you were able to hit them long and straight. This coming Sunday is the first day out for me. I put my pin and flag out last night finally and hit a few balls to see if the clubs could still hit something other than wiffle balls inside the barn (yep, just like you). There seemed to be some kind of directional problem with the balls I was using........they all kept slicing for no apparant reason. I can't wait to get out and chase those little white balls around.

Bob Pence
18-33782-bobsig.gif

/ Happy Days!!! #17  
Golf??? What's that? I laid off for 3 years after having the carpal tunnel surgery, finally played one round a week ago, then played in a tournament today; 4-man scramble. At least my team didn't come in last. There were 3 of the 20 teams that played worse than us./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I never played in a hurricane before; 40-45mph winds and gusty./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ Happy Days!!!
Oh the dreaded slice!!!! I fight it everyday. I know exactly what not to do but still end up with a couple drives a fairway or two over.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF