Quick Hitches Harbor Freight Quick hitch more???

/ Harbor Freight Quick hitch more??? #21  
JEW. Thanks for the Pics. Very useful. Made a nice looking job on your tractor too.

/ Harbor Freight Quick hitch more??? #22  
I just asked the same question on the HF quick attatch before finding this thread. My HF catalog sez ; draw pin adjustments 18", 19", 20", 21"; overall dim. 27-1/2" W x 18" H; wt. 60 lbs.

/ Harbor Freight Quick hitch more??? #23  
Apparently the boat didn't drop anchor in the midwest as of yet. Still on back order since September. Go figure, a farming community, new store, they send 2 and one is for display.

/ Harbor Freight Quick hitch more??? #24  
I must be pretty lucky. So far with the two implements I've purchase they both adapt to the HF hitch without major modifications. My previous post, with pictures, identified the change of the center hook connection, 60" KK BB, to be spread to a 3" gap between uprights by moving the back braces to the outside (supplied from the factory on the inside). I purchased spacers from TSC to keep the 3" gap after bolting it back together. Setup works great, not required to get off the tractor.

I recently invested in a 42" Landpride tilller and my luck continued. The uprights are smaller and did not require the 3" gap. The standard hook supplied with the HF hitch throat dimension was a bit too small. I purchased the same spacer used above from TSC and bolted it between the uprights. The spacing on the lower arms was perfect. Both setups for my 60" KK BB and the 42" Landpride RTR work interchangably. The pain is still hooking and unhooking the PTO drive shaft. I forget to move the PTO lever to undermount drive only position before getting off the tractor, which allows the rear PTO to freely rotate and makes it much easier to connect. See the pictures for more detail.

Attachments

• PB040011.JPG
    PB040011.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 769
  • PB040012.JPG
    PB040012.JPG
    372 KB · Views: 701
  • PB040013.JPG
    PB040013.JPG
    389.2 KB · Views: 667
  • PB040014.JPG
    PB040014.JPG
    365.1 KB · Views: 628
  • PB040015.JPG
    PB040015.JPG
    404.4 KB · Views: 699
   / Harbor Freight Quick hitch more??? #25  
Here's a coupon for the HF Quick Hitch at $59.99 through Saturday 4/21/07. The coupon is for in-stock merchandise, so call first.

I posted to this thread because it already has answers for most of the QH questions. There are excellent photos in the last post before this one, and in earlier posts. It also has my description how to order the upper link adapter, and one showing where to see the ASAE Standard for QH-compliant implements.

Update to thread: I got the upper link adapter. It swings up or down to match each implement's upper pin height, which is good.

However I ended up making the upper hook height easily adjustable, by replacing its bolts with a couple of trailer hitch receiver pins. That works simpler than using HF's adapter. (See the HF bolts in photo PB040012, in JEW's post just above this one.)

There are a couple of photos showing my arrangement in this post:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/94866-pallet-forks-rear-3-pt.html#post1076414

/ Harbor Freight Quick hitch more??? #26  
Thanks for the coupons. I'm going to get mine today and I haven't even got a tractor. Hehehe. Actually mine is being delivered this week, hopefully.

/ Harbor Freight Quick hitch more??? #27  
elalexander said:
Interested in ordering one but need to measure all of my "stuff" first. I have no problem opening the slot to make things work, a minor inconvience for the price really...............if I can use one.

Don't know where in W. MD. you are, but I have one sitting here in Harper's Ferry WV that you could measure and take away at a discount ...never used and already "spread" to accommodate cat I

/ Harbor Freight Quick hitch more??? #28  
JoeL4330 said:
Don't know where in W. MD. you are, but I have one sitting here in Harper's Ferry WV that you could measure and take away at a discount ...never used and already "spread" to accommodate cat I
Why did you not use it?

/ Harbor Freight Quick hitch more??? #29  
I found that it didn't really fit with the implements I use most, especially my finish mower ...my tractor has extensible links which makes hookup easier, I got better and better at it and, subsequently, I put top and tilt hydraulics on the tractor which makes hooking up much easier anyway. My problems mostly stem from the fact that I have no level ground so the implements rest on a slope and the hydraulic tilt makes that quite do-able.

/ Harbor Freight Quick hitch more??? #30  
California,

Thanks for the coupon link. I just picked one up. Bolted it on and had my Bush Hog SBX60 attached in under 5 minutes.