Harbor Freight smells

/ Harbor Freight smells #52  
I can relate to that as well. Cattle really smell after a few days in the hot sun. Amazing how fast they get nasty.

I keep one of those car air freshener things in the tractor cab and try to stay upwind...but don't always work.:D

I found a hog like that earlier this year.. was backed up under a fence in a corner I couldn't get a tractor too.. was a biggun.. 250# or so... :( I had to get back there with a shovel, and I just dug a whole right next to / under him, and then caved the lil bit of dirt under him away and let him drop in and try to jump back in case he popped. man the black flies were everywhere.. tons of buzzing. I threw a scoop of lime on him to cut them a bit.. but they were determined.. buzzing sound was quite loud. smell.. i can't even describe. I put a smear of vapor rub on a bandana and tied it around my face... was still bad.

soundguy

/ Harbor Freight smells #54  
My wife is from Cherry Hill and everytime we visit I swear the whole state stinks.....:laughing:

Now that I've insulted you..........

I'll let out a little secret.

That roll around cart with the lid that HF sells for a buck twenty not on sale (I got one for less than a hundred).... well, Snap-On has the exact same one in their catalog but it's blue and says 'Snap-On' on the front, same exact cart, right down to the drawer hardware (and I bet from the same Chi-com sweatshop) for appreciably more than a buck twenty, more like 3 and a half.... Go figure.

You could go to the farm store and buy a rattle can of NH Blue and have yourself a Snap-On knockoff for a buck thirty......:thumbsup:

Nah, you did not insult me. Cherry Hill, NJ is near Philadelphia and I live about 30 minutes from NYC. As you get into Newark and then NYC, it can really smell bad. I am from Buffalo, NY, that is where my family farm is and I still consider it home. Actually when I am back in Buffalo, I feel better. Maybe there is something in the air down here...:)

Did not know Snap-On had a replica of the HF red heavy duty tool cart. I thought I heard MAC Tools had something similar to the HF heavy duty tool cabinets, but they wanted a lot more for the same cabinet with their name on it. However, not sure if it is true... The HF heavy duty tool carts and cabinet are very good for the money, especially when they use to let you use the 20% coupons on those items....

/ Harbor Freight smells #55  
go to the store in poughkeepsie ny there is a blonde working there that smells and looks real nice...

/ Harbor Freight smells #56  
I'll tell you this.

the 299$ 3 tier tool box that lowes has ( that I got for 139$ scratched/dented ).. is the exact same, as far as I can tell as the hf unit that hits 150$ now and then with special coupon.

has all the same hardware as well that I can tell.

mine actually wasn't scratched.. the back lip that the 2nd teir sets against was folded down a bit. piece of 2x4 and soft whack with a hammer fixed it to 99.9999%.. AND it's on t he back side so you don't see it anyway...

good cheap 3 layer tool box..

I'll buy functional scratch n dent stuff at 50% off all day long.. :) suits my needs just fine.. and I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody with flashy tool names...

soundguy

/ Harbor Freight smells #58  
   / Harbor Freight smells #59  
Yeah, what's so great about having a snap-on tool?

here's how 'bad' HF tools are:

this is the remnant of the cast iron ( good quality 50's cast iron.. american made ) pulley and hub on my farmall C

That is a harbor freight bearing splitter.. cost 7.99$ pitsburgh brand or something like that. ..

i used a 16 ton bottle jack, 1/2" bolts and a flat plate as a puller..

hub broke.. NOT thge hf puller.. which is in a-1 condition.

soundguy

Attachments

• a52403.jpg
    a52403.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 102
  • a52404.jpg
    a52404.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 235361d1319919430-c-trike-new-project-a52168.jpg
    235361d1319919430-c-trike-new-project-a52168.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited: