Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,501  
Did you see the smaller dollies they had on sale for only $9.99 ? They had the same great casters but I could not think of a reason to get one...I'll bet it won't be long and I'll wish I had grabbed a couple..:thumbsup:

I got one of those little dollies, with the coupon I think it was only like 8 dollars.

It was to small for the small generator I wanted to put on it. The genny already had a wood platform with small broken wheels on it, so I just took the casters off the dolly and screwed them to the old platform.
Wouldn't call them great, but good enough for what I needed and cheaper than buying just wheels, all four swivel on ball bearings.

JB.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,502  
i bought 4 of the $8 dolly sets. right now we are pushing a millitary chevy pickup truck around on them....seem to hold up to being overloaded well

16spd HEAVY DUTY bench top drill press: seems to be well made, and is pretty powerfull. weighs over 100lbs. it was cheaper than replacing the 1/3hp motor on my old buffalo drill press

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,503  
I bought a 12" wet saw that has wonderfull quality at a great price. While it is cast and not alumuinium I find with HFT if you have floor room for a stationary tool they can't be beat but to carry from site to site would be difficult.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,504  
When I started rebuilding my burned-out house, I waited for a sale on this drywall hoist. 150 Lb. Capacity Drywall/Panel Hoist . Of course I had a 20% off coupon, and I bought it in Oregon for no sales tax.

We just finished putting up 2000 sq. ft. of drywall on ceilings, and it worked like a champ.

I know people who put up drywall for a living would laugh at it, but for ~$225, the 3 guys I had working on drywall saved a lot of time ($ in my pocket) and I laughed all the way to the bank.

Plus, we now have it available for other projects.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,505  
hope the air needle scaler works well i bought. happy with impact sockets, screwdrivers, wheelbarrow tires, hoist ratchets, bottle jacks, work gloves. I bought a wheel barrow gas compressor there once it had a brigs engine on it and the pump failed twice in one year, both time siezed.:mad:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,506  
CurlyDave...I have hung sheet rock and tried to make a 2x4 sheet rock hanger thinger. It allmost got me killed a few times. I ended up renting what you bought and after 3 or 4 days of renting cost I could have bought one like you have:mad:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,507  
When I started rebuilding my burned-out house, I waited for a sale on this drywall hoist. 150 Lb. Capacity Drywall/Panel Hoist . Of course I had a 20% off coupon, and I bought it in Oregon for no sales tax.

We just finished putting up 2000 sq. ft. of drywall on ceilings, and it worked like a champ.

I know people who put up drywall for a living would laugh at it, but for ~$225, the 3 guys I had working on drywall saved a lot of time ($ in my pocket) and I laughed all the way to the bank.

Plus, we now have it available for other projects.

I use the same drywall lift, but I purchased mine at a tool sale about 3 years ago or so for $150 (Northern Tool wanted $400 for the same thing!)

It ain't perfect by any means, but it does work pretty well. Drywall hanging is tough enough on it's own, anything that makes it easier is great.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,508  
Did you see the smaller dollies they had on sale for only $9.99 ? They had the same great casters but I could not think of a reason to get one...I'll bet it won't be long and I'll wish I had grabbed a couple..:thumbsup:

Yeah, was thinking of picking up one...I couldn't think of anything use for it...I also tried to jam the BH on the big one, but it would not work...:mad:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,509  
it's amazing what a pro can do with those little dollies. I watched professional piano movers remove a piano that was so heavy I could hardly drag either end forward to dust behind it.

Both of them lifted one end of the piano, and kicked the dolly under the middle. Then they rolled it to the front door and down a ramp (& nearly lost it there!) 3 steps to the sidewalk. When they got to the truck they both lifted the far end of the piano and placed the dolly there, then lifted the truck end of the piano and rolled the piano halfway into the truck before moving the dolly into the truck to finish loading. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, these guys were real pros.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,510  
I tried the ceramic chefs knife and it was reasonably sharp, but not as much as my Victorinox chefs knife when I compared the two with cerelry, carrots, apples, and tomatoes. I took it back to the store and, as usual, they gave me a cheerful refund.

HF is definitely the place for casters. I especially like the 3 inch nylons with the foot operated brake. Everything in my barn / shop is on wheels.

Bummer about the 20% coupon not usable on sale items and a bunch of other stuff.

I've been looking hard at the foldable shop crane - waiting it for it go on sale. Maybe for my wife on Valentines day. She still hasn't gotten over the new tractor seat I got her for Christmas.