Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,041  
Has anyone tried using one of the "inside track club" coupons even though they weren't in the inside track?
They scan the bar code on your ITC card along with your merchandise so the register knows which discount category to use. No card, no discount.

I just joined. We'll see if ITC prices are sufficiently lower than the coupon (and 20% coupon) prices to make any difference overall. So far my impression is ITC has good discounts on some stuff they're pushing but I don't need, or that I already purchased over many years. For a business that buys a lot, it would definitely be worthwhile. I expect I will just break even, but I was curious.

Incidentally - I discovered a new Northern California HF store that I hadn't seen any promotion for. It is in Fairfield on I-80's north side frontage road. This along with the new Tractor Supply in Dixon just off I-80 make driving that stretch of highway more interesting.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,043  
Thanks, always get a kick out of those. you get it 'free' but the prices they advertise are inflated, so in the end it porbably comes out even or not so free.Just have to keep an eye on the prices..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,044  
Thanks, always get a kick out of those. you get it 'free' but the prices they advertise are inflated, so in the end it probably comes out even or not so free.Just have to keep an eye on the prices..

True. Sometimes I buy a 49 cent paint brush, which I can always use, to take advantage of a "free with any purchase" coupon like those posted above.

Their sale prices are all over the map for the same item, sometimes with two different prices on the same item, during the same time frame. If I want something from HF, I watch it for awhile to figure out what a truly low price is, then usually use a 20% off coupon, too, when it is on sale for a good price.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,045  
They scan the bar code on your ITC card along with your merchandise so the register knows which discount category to use. No card, no discount.

I just joined. We'll see if ITC prices are sufficiently lower than the coupon (and 20% coupon) prices to make any difference overall. So far my impression is ITC has good discounts on some stuff they're pushing but I don't need, or that I already purchased over many years. For a business that buys a lot, it would definitely be worthwhile. I expect I will just break even, but I was curious.

Incidentally - I discovered a new Northern California HF store that I hadn't seen any promotion for. It is in Fairfield on I-80's north side frontage road. This along with the new Tractor Supply in Dixon just off I-80 make driving that stretch of highway more interesting.

Slick deals have the monthly flier for the ITC. They said some cashiers don't bother checking membership cards. But I kind of figured that everything has bar codes so once they scan the coupon the cash register must notify them to get the membership number. Maybe I'll try it and just say I don't have it on my and if they don't take the coupon then not buy it.

Last month they had a spend $100 or more and get 20% off the total price. I was hoping they would continue it but it doesn't look it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,047  
So something amazing happened. I bought some 1/2" air hose from HF that is made in the USA, GoodYear.

I also used a couple of the ITC coupons with no problems. The cashier didn't even care about a membership number. So tomorrow I have a couple of tools to play with and see if they are worth it or not.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,048  
...Been using my Cabelas Card for HF stuff with triple Cabelas bonus points. I'm saving for a new Savage .338 Lapua.......:D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,049  
Has anyone noticed the high prices at HF these days?! Even the sale prices are not a bargain, considering the products are inexpensive, non-branded products made in China. Kind of shocking. Their claim of "ridiculously low prices" is unmoored from reality.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,050  
I agree expecially online. I guess they have to keep up with shipping costs. The other day I had a 20 percent coupon flash up.So I searchd my large item and then went to add some electrical tape and small items and the coupon was gone. So about 30 minutes wasted, I ordered nothing..