Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,481  
Non Contact Infrared mentioned earlier is the one I have. Save your money. I bragged about it until it died a few weeks ago. Display went nuts on it.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Temperature-Infrared-Thermometer-Laser/dp/B002YE3FS4/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1329178772&sr=1-1"]I found a better deal in this one on Amazon[/ame]
Read the reviews and took a cheaper gamble. So far it works great.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,482  
I keep a 20 per off coupon in my wallet.:thumbsup: My HF is three blocks from my house. I went to buy some more machetes but they were sold out. Machetes seem to walk away like lug wrenches.
Good machetes for $4.95 on sale.

I bought, and still have, one of those machettes maybe 20 years ago.
Sounds impossible today but it was made in Austria.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,483  
I found another use for the IR thermometers when frying fish. I prefer the old method of using a large cast iron dutch oven for my fish and the best temp I've found is 360 degrees.

When a fat boy gives you a hint about cooking you should listen.........

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,484  
OH, I'll check. Last year I saw something--can't recall--made in Poland.
Poland? How come nothing ever from Mexico?

1/2" air hose made by GoodYear in the US, couldn't believe it when I bought some.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,485  
It's probably been mentioned but I used their vacuum brake bleeder today and it was worth the money. My son picked it up for 25% off and it's a little cheesy but it worked exactly like it was supposed to. If you read the reviews it looks like you must either get one that works or one that doesn't. I really didn't expect it to pull enough vacuum to bleed a rear line on an extended cab with an 8' bed any time this century but surprisingly it got things moving very quickly. Brake Bleeder & Brake Bleeder Vacuum Pump Kit I also use my electric 1/2" impact all the time. Mine is actually a "Kobalt" brand but it's the same one as HF,Northern Tool,etc sells. Very handy when doing light work and I've abused the crap out of it for several years. I repeatedly got it so hot last summer driving 5/8"x12" lag screws I couldn't pick it up.....and it just keeps on working great. Used it again tonight to take off some lug nuts on my sons 1/2 ton truck. It has enough grunt for most light duty vehicles.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,486  
FYI---Here are some HF screwdrivers from 20 years ago that I forgot I had. Pencil for comparison. They look individually made with individually fitted wooden handles.
If this was 20 years looking backwards, imagine the compounded quality going 20 years forward. I'm still not going to buy anything with a motor but HF has come a long way.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,487  
FYI---Here are some HF screwdrivers from 20 years ago that I forgot I had. Pencil for comparison. They look individually made with individually fitted wooden handles.
If these was 20 years looking backwards, imagine the compounded quality going 20 years forward. I'm still not going to buy anything with a motor but HF has come a long way.

Why not China makes the most 'commonly' used motors in the world. :D

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,489  
Non Contact Infrared mentioned earlier is the one I have. Save your money. I bragged about it until it died a few weeks ago. Display went nuts on it.

I found a better deal in this one on Amazon
Read the reviews and took a cheaper gamble. So far it works great.

Ive use mine 2 years now, no problems. Haven't even had to put a new battery in it yet. I've had 3 fluke digital thermometers that did what you say. The LED's went bad.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,490  
Bought a HF 12" disc sander today for 126 bucks. I went to put it in a shopping cart and about got a hernia, it was that heavy.

Got it home out of the box and plugged it in, spun right up. It weighs ( weighed it on the bathroom scale).... 75 pounds, all cast iron, tilting cast iron table nicely ground. Has a dust collection port and an internal fan too.

3 horse totally enclosed/fan cooled capacitor start induction run motor. Comes with 3 extra 12" abrasive discs and it has so much balls, you can't slow it down. I tried.

Worth every bit of 126 bucks... Way to go HF.....:thumbsup:

It's a keeper.......