Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,981  
I once bought a "flamethrower" ditchbank burner--the kind with a wand that you hook to a propane tank-- for instant fires. Maybe 500,000 ot 800,000 BU. It was truly frightening and could start most anything on fire in mere moments. Anyway, a small slip of paper was in the box that said "NOT FOR USE INDOORS". I was OK with that.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,982  
Hey guys... I was thinking about buying a set of gear pullers, so was checking out what HF had to offer. I found these, and I GOTTA HAVE 'EM!!! :cool2:The first set of pullers I have ever seen that you could use indoors AND outdoors!! :laughing:Who says HF just copies other companies designs. I would be willing to bet a 800 watt HF generator against a doughnut that NO other tool seller offers an indoor AND outdoor puller set.:D

I haven't bought 'em yet, so I can't say they don't suck, but I will let you know as soon as I get 'em

I bought something similar a while back. They worked okay, but they are kind of soft. Don't expect them to pull rusted on gears on old equipment, but they will pull most other stuff.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,983  
Whatcha get when you let secretaries transcribe (and maybe edit) tool descriptions - I'm thinkin' whoever did that thought "inside" and "outside" weren't as sophisticated sounding as "indoor and "outdoor" :=)

What they are referring to is the puller jaws that can be switched to grab from inside or outside of whatever you are pulling.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,984  
Inward and outward maybe..:thumbsup::thumbsup:... but being able to be used outside might mean they are made of stainless steel.:laughing::laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,986  
My guess is gear pullers weren't covered in her ESL class so she went to Google Translate...

I have mentioned before that I recently bought a Chinese product that required assembly and there were only pictures to assemble. Not one word, not one.

You guys should have been around in the early days of stuff from Japan or even China. There were pages of instructions but the English (Engrish) translation was so bad you had no idea what they were trying to explain.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,987  
It Successed!

(First message I saw after installing an early video [or sound?] card. About DOS 2.2 era.)

And of course the classic from some early video game. "All your base are belong to us!!!"

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,988  
WARNING

I'm generally pleased with HF stuff but I just encountered one product that's so bad I decided to post a warning here:

HF ThunderBolt AAA Alkaline batteries. They ALL leaked!

I had more than half of a AAA 24-pack left, and noticed the plastic tub they came in was growing crystals. Every single battery was leaking. Then I checked various TV remotes, flashlights, etc and found battery leakage had destroyed a wireless headset. (thankfully, an item I never use). This half-used package of batteries may be as much as four years old - I may have bought it back about 2008 when Mom's caregivers were helping themselves to batteries, apparently for all of their friends too, and I was buying 24-packs frequently.

Nota Bene: Check all your equipment if you might have old HF ThunderBolt batteries in anything.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,990  
As bad as a bag of cashews that has the phrase 'Caution this product may contain peanuts"

Won't be long before we see a bag of peanuts that warns the bag may contain peanuts.