Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,241  
It should work, but the plastic will stick to iron unless you lay something over the top to protect the iron. Parchment paper would do that but plastic may stick to the paper. Parchment paper is used for baking cookies, etc. Walmart has it. Good luck and don't ruin your wife's iron or you will wish you had bought the HF laminator.

Ever since my out-laws gave us one of those Rival Food Storage Vacuum Sealers [they thought it was silly of me to use a drinking straw stuck down inside a zip lock bag to do the same thing almost as well; and a dam*... er....dern site cheaper], I've been trying to figure out how to use it to laminate reference cards for shop use.

The problem is that the heat sealer doesn't come on until the vacuum reaches a certain point. :mad:

Also, anyone know a good source for replacement bags?:confused2:

Thomas

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,242  
Ever since my out-laws gave us one of those Rival Food Storage Vacuum Sealers [they thought it was silly of me to use a drinking straw stuck down inside a zip lock bag to do the same thing almost as well; and a dam*... er....dern site cheaper], I've been trying to figure out how to use it to laminate reference cards for shop use.

The problem is that the heat sealer doesn't come on until the vacuum reaches a certain point. :mad:

Thomas

Foodsaveris where we ge our bags. We get the rolls and if you sign up you can watch and the go on sale half off.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,243  

Thomas

Foodsaver is where we ge our bags. We get the rolls and if you sign up you can watch and the go on sale half off.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,244  
You don't have an override button? Mine does, press it and it skips the vacuum step.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#3,245  
I picked up the 12 volt air compressor 62984 today and for about $20, I'm impressed. It has an aluminum cylinder and comes in a nice little nylon bag. Three different tips are included to inflate balls and air mattresses in addition to tires. As an emergency backup it should be adequate and the reviews are actually better than for the more expensive 12 volt compressor that HF sells.

12 Volt, 100 PSI High Volume Air Compressor

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,247  
Anyone try this blasting Cabinet

No, but deals are out there. I paid $300 for this old blasting cabinet. A friend got it at an auction and didn't like it because it had a 3 phase motor on the vacuum. I spent another $50 for a 110v motor and it then worked great. It has a big pressure tank at the bottom. When it is turned off, the pressure bleeds off and a plug opens up to let the sand go back into the tank. Turn it back on and the plug is closed by the pressure and it is ready to go again. The white one to the left of the green one is a wooden cabinet I made before I got the other one. It is a suction system and never worked very good. I use it for glass bead blasting.

A good vacuum system and lights are a must to see what you are doing.

Sandblaster1.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,248  
Harbor freight's hose reel is on sale for $12.99 now. Coupon here: Screen shot 2013-03-05 at 8.32.03 PM.png

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,250  
I needed motor for a Graingers compressor similar to this one.
GrainersCompressor.png
I took measurements of the bad motor and went to HF, thinking their motor would not match up. Everything matched up and it was considerably cheaper than Graingers. That was about 8 years ago and it has worked flawlessly since.

I am not sure this is it, but it looked like this one.
HF motor.png
1/2 HP General Purpose Electric Motor
Item #67839
Only: $119.99
Sale: $99.99