Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,711  
For the don't suck category,the 1/4" air quick connect. I needed the female, which was like $3.99, (in brass), but for $2.87 I could get the pack with 1 female and 3 males. Doesn't leak at all. I actually still had full pressure in air compressor 48 hrs later. When I plugged it in, and it didnt kick on, I started checking cords and breaker, but it didnt cycle on cause it still had full tank of air.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,712  
For the don't suck category,the 1/4" air quick connect. I needed the female, which was like $3.99, (in brass), but for $2.87 I could get the pack with 1 female and 3 males. Doesn't leak at all. I actually still had full pressure in air compressor 48 hrs later. When I plugged it in, and it didnt kick on, I started checking cords and breaker, but it didnt cycle on cause it still had full tank of air.

boy that worked well. usually you turn it off and the slight hisssssssssssss starts.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,713  
I also grab an ~8" replacement grease gun hose which works fine so far, but is a bit shorter than I would like. The 18" at autozone cost as much as a new grease gun. Grabbed a pack of heat shrink wire wraps, and a 4 pack of AA rechargeable batteries. The batteries I bought before (orange ones) work, but need recharged often. The new ones (green) cost $5.99 for 4 (compared to $3.99) are supposed to hold charge longer. We will see.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#3,714  
Boy we ought to organize this somehow, for future reference, though one can always use the search function.

As the initiator of this thread, I periodically ask people to include the HF item number in their review. That way anyone can search the thread for the item number as opposed to the description, which can vary all over the place.

So one more time, please include the item number. :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#3,715  
.. I always feel a bit funny using 25% off on a $5 item, but I do anyways.
I guess I'm shameless. If I'm driving by, I'll buy a 49 cent paintbrush on sale, use the 25% off coupon, then get a free flashlight. DW uses the flashlights with her classroom for science experiments.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,716  
I always try to post a link. They have a number of tools with good--better--best grades so you can get confused.
It's a joke but I could say to make that least bad, somewhat bad and bad grades. :D

As the initiator of this thread, I periodically ask people to include the HF item number in their review. That way anyone can search the thread for the item number as opposed to the description, which can vary all over the place.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,717  

that will sure do. Thanks. Any retired IT guys here want to make a nice searchable database with
posts that refer to each item? With pics too of course...:) Hey, ask for the moon and you just might get it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,718  

HF's air quick connects are something I have avoided like the plague after one disconnected by itself from my paint gun and ruined a paint job. Since then, I buy only Milton brand.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,719  
I've been an Inside Track member for two years now and I've yet to see a 25% coupon and they're sending them to AARP members?
They've started appearing everywhere. Just now I found two pages of coupons including the 25% one, in the Sunday paper - first is a full newspaper page of coupons inserted together with the Sunday comics, and the other is a small HF page mixed in with the coupons for detergent etc. I think the coupon in the weekly junk mail Free Ad Shopper is 25% also.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,720  
HF's air quick connects are something I have avoided like the plague after one disconnected by itself from my paint gun and ruined a paint job. Since then, I buy only Milton brand.
We have some and they are just different enough to leak a little air (these are the gold colored ones that come with 4 males and one female)...

Aaron Z