Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,551  

They still dont know why the Note 7 batts overheated, but they also believe, or have proven, that something like 40-45 of the 'reports' were bogus or faked. The others have no more failure rate than any other phone. The older ones you read about also wont let Samsung, or anybody else for that matter, actually inspect the phone, so makes you wonder.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,552  
Lithium batteries:
Aviation emergency locator beacons all used them 20 years ago.
They were known back then to explode and resulted in all sorts of directives.
The sales rep for a popular brand explained that they had the best cold weather curves (like full 12 vdc all the way to depletion) hence the choice.
He explained that the early usage was to power listening devices on the Vietcong trails and when an enemy was detected the monitor would push a remote switch that would cause a battery short. The short would cause an explosion and render the enemy 'out of action'.
Ergo a bomb!
I was in the aviation electronics business and had one actually go off on its own and blow a hole in the plaster wall so I know it is a fact.
Many changes have come about in the technology so most are much safer but still accidents occur.
Mind U NiCad batteries also had thermal runaway problems as well.
Technology is always in evaluation I guess.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,554  
No activity here!!
Check out this coupon site, they have a 25% off coupon for HF good until Dec 11th.
Yep just got it in the mail today... so now I am looking for another HF tool that doesn't suck! :D Surprisingly I have way more than a few now!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,555  
Our new store opens in a few weeks, looking forward to seeing if they have any grand opening specials.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,556  
I don't have a store real close to me but I noticed that one opened up about 60 miles from me so one day I drive up there only to find out it won't open til February.
Obviously I was a little ticked off and fired off an email to the CS dept. I get some form letter back saying that they don't have a phone # yet for that store due to it not being open yet. Dah... That's not what I emailed about.

I ordered the stuff online for only $6.99 but that ticked me off.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,557  
There are now over 700 stores in the US and I guess I'm spoiled. There are now 6 stores within 50 miles and I live outside of Seattle a ways. I do still buy online occasionally but I like putting my hands on the product for a QA check.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,558  
So has anybody hade any experience with these types of HF storage bins. I see there are a few different ones. Even though the Milwaukee storage box is reduced in price now these are still 50% cheaper even without a coupon. I have like 2 dozen loose boxes of assorted sizes of different screws and nails from past projects but the boxes are all falling apart now.

8 Bin Portable Parts Storage Case

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,559  
So has anybody hade any experience with these types of HF storage bins. I see there are a few different ones. Even though the Milwaukee storage box is reduced in price now these are still 50% cheaper even without a coupon. I have like 2 dozen loose boxes of assorted sizes of different screws and nails from past projects but the boxes are all falling apart now.

8 Bin Portable Parts Storage Case

I don't have the HF ones, but I have some China-made ones I bought on clearance from TSC, and as long as I don't knock them off the work bench while they're wide open, they're great.

[That just happened to my 1/4-20 bin, and I'm not looking forward to re-sorting it all again.]

In fact, they look virtually identical to the HF one you posted.

I have had them for several years, and as you may have gathered form the above incident, I'm not at all gentle with them, and they have held up pretty well- mind you they can get pretty brittle in really cold temps.

Don't ask me how I know.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,560  
I don't have the HF ones, but I have some China-made ones I bought on clearance from TSC, and as long as I don't knock them off the work bench while they're wide open, they're great.

[That just happened to my 1/4-20 bin, and I'm not looking forward to re-sorting it all again.]

In fact, they look virtually identical to the HF one you posted.

I have had them for several years, and as you may have gathered form the above incident, I'm not at all gentle with them, and they have held up pretty well- mind you they can get pretty brittle in really cold temps.

Don't ask me how I know.
That's good to read because I need some and was wondering about their quality.

I see you are in Upstate New York, so what is your "really cold" temperature? I'm down in Mississippi and people here think "really cold" means refrigerator temps.