Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,761  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,762  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,763  
$339 seems like a decent price on that. I think the other models have artificially inflated "regular prices" to make the sale prices stand out.

I'm not saying $339 isn't a fair price just that it isn't a real deal. The normal price fluctuates but is often in that range.

I think most of us recognize, HF frequently runs "sales" with a few shockingly low priced items mixed in with slightly discounted things. To be fair, it's a standard retail loss leader strategy, no surprise.

As I've never gotten organized enough to look carefully at their "20% off total purchase over $300" types of coupons they occasionally have, I'm not sure if they exclude compressors from part of the total or not. I'm guessing they do.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,764  
The $298 price is the lowest, and $300 is darn good.

We just finished painting out the inside of the 12' x 28' portable building we picked up for a workshop until we can build one in a few years. All the wood walls and ceilings inside have 3 coats of outside white and both floors are painted with porch grade external light gray. I have been looking at this this 26" set as well as the 44" set. 44" would be nice for longer tools but much more than 2 of the 26' boxes.

The building as two french doors that open into the driveway so rolling a smaller one up to one door would permit me to go in and out for other things but grap tools from the box without enter the building. In a real shop with a concrete floor a huge box might be better. I have stuff in the basement, a two story storage building that the wife has taken over for the most part and 6' x 10' cargo tool trailer/mini shop. We plan to keep chainsaws, motor oil and other lessor used larger tools in the cargo trailer and use the 12' x 28' for the drill press, table saw in the like and work space.

We do have an old set of the cheaper brown tool boxes but plan to leave it in the cargo trailer since the wheels have never been mounted and to have to organize smaller stuff seldom used.

Anyone have any experience with the 44" or 56" tool box sets?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,765  
Here is one of the best "don't suck" buys I can recall and at the lowest price I have seen in years. It has to be the strong dollar that's lowering import prices and it makes a yuuge difference.

Anyway, this toolbox is the best I have ever owned and comments in this thread compare them favorably to toolboxes that cost many multiples of it's price. It's this US General and is $300 until Jan 22, 2017. The price shows in the on line coupon/sale thing I get in the mail. The $300 price shows in that link.

26 in., 16 Drawer Glossy Red Roller Cabinet Combo

If you do buy one, I suggest in person because the shipping box is typical Chinese card-press-board and dents are common and can be hidden. I unwrapped mine in the store and then accepted it. Mail order would probably not work. It's a great buy for $300 and I really like mine.
I bought one of these for my son for Christmas... great deal for what it is.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,766  
I bought one of these for my son for Christmas... great deal for what it is.

My son bought one in August for auto collision school. They had one with a dent in it during a parking lot sale. I think they gave it to him for $260. He loves it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,770  
I have this air compressor from HF....
21 gal. 2.5 HP 125 PSI Cast Iron Vertical Air Compressor

It is absolutely the loudest air compressor I've ever heard despite this glowing review.....

"The perfect compressor with powerful, quiet and consistent airflow…plus we love the low price."
Street Trucks Magazine