Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,251  
I got one of those last year, too. I've used it on the driveways and brick patio, and used it a couple weeks ago to burn along the edge of the lake. Works very well.

I bought one, back in the 1990's, primarily to light brush piles. It still works like new. It hooked up to a propane bottle that sits in an old plastic milk crate for stability. I just toss it in the bed of Polaris Ranger and go.

I looked at the upgraded version,with the piezoelectric igniter but, decided that the igniter was probably the weak link. I just use a torch striker EZPZ.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,252  
It hooked up to a propane bottle that sits in an old plastic milk crate for stability.

That's a great idea, Rick. Those things definitely get unhappy when they tip over (ask me how I know). ;)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,253  
I had one of the non-igniter models of torch and upgraded to the igniter. It's worth the extra $ to me. So far (about 3yrs) working fine.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,254  
I put my propane tank in a bicycle wheel cart at the back. Balanced pretty good and easy to roll around.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,257  
After a year of denial and one of trepidation, I broke down and bought one of those HF riding mower jacks.I've read more reviews on them than there are apples on a tree. Oh man, used it four times so far. It isn't built like a Swiss watch. Of course it is made in China. I haven't abused it. It works. It is really a handy addition to my mostly old school USA stable of tools. What strikes me the most is a parking lot full of pickups blaring "extreme conservative" sentiments. Ya know. "Make America..........

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,258  
Maybe you guys have seen this but I thought the story on the son of the HF founder was interesting:

This Billionaire Made His Fortune on $5 Chainsaws - Bloomberg

I couldn't imagine sending my son to an orphanage because I was "overwhelmed" as a parent when my wife was sick. I wouldn't wish either circumstance on anyone.
Just Wow! That's a must-read for everyone following this thread.

Summary: Smidt is sole owner. He took out $2 billion in dividends in the past 12 years.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,259  
I don't know about this one, but for the money might be worth the chance
Truck Bed Cargo Unloader

I will give this two thumbs up! I have one and have used and abused it...Unloaded loads and loads of firewood, over a ton of #4 stone, topsoil, you name it. One of the handiest things I have ever bought.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,260  
I don't know about this one, but for the money might be worth the chance
Truck Bed Cargo Unloader

I have one and it works great. Had to buy a mat to put down underneath to reduce the friction of the fabric sliding on my LineX coating on the bed of my F150. You still need to clean out the dirt that ends up on the sides by the wheel wells.