Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,291  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,292  
Next someone will invent a fork and spoon. :D

Reminded me of this instant classic ...

chopsticks.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,294  
That is a classic. But really, rice for chopsticks is cooked to be a little gummy, not the loose cooked grains we usually see in American cooking.

Asians also don't usually eat rice from a plate sitting on the table. A small rice bowl is lifted close to the mouth and the pair of chopsticks used to shovel it in not pick it up.

Great poster though.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,295  
Not going to buy anything right away. Making a silly dream list of little items that 20% would be little help.

The big items that I would like when more $$$$ are in my pocket. Not in any special order, Just what pops into my feeble mind.

Compressor #Central Pneumaticï½® - item#69667 . Still have 2 working compressors, 1 leaks & the other with a 2hp motor is prone to overheating.

Computer doing weird crap will try again later.:confused3:

Turn off computer & start over again (twice).

12 Volt Cordless Variable Speed Oscillating Multifunction Power Tool
Chicago Electric Power Tools - item#68012 1 sander.jpg

12 in. Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw With Laser Guide System
Chicago Electric Power Tools - item#61969 1 saw.jpg
Have an old broken 1, used to cut fire wood. Needs a new blade, but do have some good used ones. Right now have a little guy that is real old. At some point I would like to get back into quality wood working. Bad back permitting.

301 Pc Professional Mechanic's Tool Set Comprehensive professional mechanic's tool set. Pittsburgh® - item#69312 1 tool set.jpg Like to have 2, 1 for truck & 1 to just move to where it is needed.

On with silly or fun things. Screw knocker. (Real name??), it tightens Or loosens screws or small bolts. Handy every now & then.
Soft stainless wire. Have lots of bailing or tie wire, but it rusts so fast & is messy to work with.
Limb lopper, type you throw over a branch to cut it off. it is about $50/ 60 $. have some old chains that hopefully can be loosened up & twisted.

HF plastic canvas float sucks, just junk, sun eats it in about a month.

Have a HF cement mixer, it came with a gas engine. Put a 3/4hp on it off a junk metal saw that did not come from HF. Plan to take a 2hp motor on it, as the 3/4 is really wimpy.

HF is 75 miles away choice of 2 both about same distance. Only go when I have some $$$ that I have not wasted on the way. :laughing: :D

May ad to list on paper, so I can forget to take with me or not look at it when I do take it. :confused3:

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,296  
Asians also don't usually eat rice from a plate sitting on the table. A small rice bowl is lifted close to the mouth and the pair of chopsticks used to shovel it in not pick it up.

Great poster though.

You don't spend much time in Asia, do you?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,297  
You don't spend much time in Asia, do you?

Lived there in high school and have worked and travelled there numerous times. Brother lives in Bangkok. So, yeah I have. Oddly though, as most of my time has been spent in Thailand, that is a country where chopsticks aren't used much. Spoon is primary eating implement. Cook does all the real chopping (as in China) and most local restaurants just give you spoon and fork. Everyone there knows how to use chopsticks but most don't use them routinely.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,298  
Not going to buy anything right away. Making a silly dream list of little items that 20% would be little help.

The big items that I would like when more $$$$ are in my pocket. Not in any special order, Just what pops into my feeble mind.

Compressor #Central Pneumaticï½® - item#69667 . Still have 2 working compressors, 1 leaks & the other with a 2hp motor is prone to overheating.

Computer doing weird crap will try again later.:confused3:

Turn off computer & start over again (twice).

12 Volt Cordless Variable Speed Oscillating Multifunction Power Tool
Chicago Electric Power Tools - item#68012 View attachment 507625

12 in. Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw With Laser Guide System
Chicago Electric Power Tools - item#61969 View attachment 507626
Have an old broken 1, used to cut fire wood. Needs a new blade, but do have some good used ones. Right now have a little guy that is real old. At some point I would like to get back into quality wood working. Bad back permitting.

301 Pc Professional Mechanic's Tool Set Comprehensive professional mechanic's tool set. Pittsburgh® - item#69312 View attachment 507628 Like to have 2, 1 for truck & 1 to just move to where it is needed.

On with silly or fun things. Screw knocker. (Real name??), it tightens Or loosens screws or small bolts. Handy every now & then.
Soft stainless wire. Have lots of bailing or tie wire, but it rusts so fast & is messy to work with.
Limb lopper, type you throw over a branch to cut it off. it is about $50/ 60 $. have some old chains that hopefully can be loosened up & twisted.

HF plastic canvas float sucks, just junk, sun eats it in about a month.

Have a HF cement mixer, it came with a gas engine. Put a 3/4hp on it off a junk metal saw that did not come from HF. Plan to take a 2hp motor on it, as the 3/4 is really wimpy.

HF is 75 miles away choice of 2 both about same distance. Only go when I have some $$$ that I have not wasted on the way. :laughing: :D

May ad to list on paper, so I can forget to take with me or not look at it when I do take it. :confused3:

Crash, save your money on the battery powered oscillating saw. The corded one is a great deal at less than $20 but I don't trust HF old style batteries to last more than a season and replacements can be hard to find.

Also, those tree limb cutter things are widow makers and not very effective. You have to stand right under the branch to cut and the branch will naturally swing down on top of you as it cuts through. A little safer with two people standing to opposite sides but still not a terribly effective tool. There is a good reason you never see tree surgeons use them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,299  
Lived there in high school and have worked and travelled there numerous times. Brother lives in Bangkok. So, yeah I have. Oddly though, as most of my time has been spent in Thailand, that is a country where chopsticks aren't used much. Spoon is primary eating implement. Cook does all the real chopping (as in China) and most local restaurants just give you spoon and fork. Everyone there knows how to use chopsticks but most don't use them routinely.

That's better, thought you'd watched too many old movies. I've lived in a Singapore, China, Vietnam Nam, Malaysia, Indonesia and it's a mix of forks and sticks. I learned to eat with sticks in Vietnam Nam in mid 1960's.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,300  
That's better, thought you'd watched too many old movies. I've lived in a Singapore, China, Vietnam Nam, Malaysia, Indonesia and it's a mix of forks and sticks. I learned to eat with sticks in Vietnam Nam in mid 1960's.

I learned to use chopsticks in Thailand in the mid 1960's so we were close. And, Singapore is a favorite place to eat street food. Indonesia a great place to eat spicy crab and Mie Goreng. Much prefer Thai fried rice and fish to the greasy Indonesia versions though. Malay curries are excellent. Love to eat in that part of the world.

Back to HF tools (no chopsticks or even woks there yet).