Hard Starting 2615

/ Hard Starting 2615 #1  

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
I Had a hard time getting the tractor started yesterday. Cycled the glow plugs several times. Checked the fuel. Checked for voltage on the glow plugs, etc. It finally started after cranking several times. Did some driveway work. Had to rake the gravel (runner crush) back in the driveway from this winters plowing. Only have a few snow piles left now.
Decided to check further today and did a resistance test on the glow plugs. I pulled the plugs and found only one glow plug to be working. Second plug has an open circuit, and third plug a direct short. Can't believe the shorted one didn't blow the relay, timer, or a fuse. Of course today being Sunday I could only go to the local auto parts stores to try and get new plugs. Went to three stores who all carry NGK glow plugs. My NGK glow plug numbers were not listed in three different NGK books, not even a cross reference to another brand. Neither Mahindra nor its Mitsubishi engine were listed. Apparently a dealer only item. I'll have to check with the dealer tomorrow to see if he has them. Unfortunately where I live glow plugs are needed five - six months out of the year.

/ Hard Starting 2615 #2  
Must be a problem with the glow plugs on this model, I had to change mine three weeks ago. I got mine from the dealer they were not covered under the three year warrany They were about forty dollars each. My tractor had 140 hours when glow plugs were replaced.

Butch

/ Hard Starting 2615
Yeah, I tried to convince my dealer they should be under warranty but he didn't buy it. List price he showed me was $31.67 each but he did give me a better discounted price.

Also the part # changed. In my Mahindra parts book it called for #31A66-03201. The new number is 31A66-13200 but the NGK# is still the same Y724U and must be for Mahindra only since that number is not listed in NGK books in auto parts stores. Mine only has 185 hrs. and 2 of the 3 were bad.

George

Last edited: