Buying Advice Hard time deciding

/ Hard time deciding #1  

seaofblue

Tractor
2018 Kioti CK 3510 SE
I’m in the market for a new tractor. I will be upgrading from a Massey Ferguson GC 1720 to something a little larger. I have narrowed it down to two tractors: the Kioti 3510 SE and Rural King 37. Any thoughts on one or the other? Most of my experience with tractors have been with JD and Massey Ferguson so I don’t have much experience with these 2 brands. I live in southeast Ohio so there are about 6 rural kings within an hour drive of me including the warehouse in Waverly Ohio. Thanks

/ Hard time deciding #2  
Welcome to TBN and the forum. I have no personal experience with either brands you are considering. However - there are a lot of folks who own and swear by their Kiotis .A suggestion - update your profile and tell us where you are located..

/ Hard time deciding
Thank you oosik. I really do like the looks of the new 3510 SE. I’ll take your advice and update my profile too. Thanks

/ Hard time deciding #4  
Welcome, I have a CK4010 and really like it. It is a tad light and needs 4 wheel drive a lot to do almost anything I do but it has worked hard for me and I would recommend the Kioti brand of tractors. I have checked out the Rks as well and was impressed by them, seriously considered the RK55 Cab for the money, Sounds like you are near where they are assembled, I wouldn't hesitate to buy an RK37 if it is in your budget, you are close enough to the stores and headquarters where service wouldn't be an issue unless they stop selling them which I don't believe they will. They have sold a ton of them down here they can't keep them in stock

/ Hard time deciding #5  
I知 in the market for a new tractor. I will be upgrading from a Massey Ferguson GC 1720 to something a little larger. I have narrowed it down to two tractors: the Kioti 3510 SE and Rural King 37. Any thoughts on one or the other? Most of my experience with tractors have been with JD and Massey Ferguson so I don稚 have much experience with these 2 brands. I live in southeast Ohio so there are about 6 rural kings within an hour drive of me including the warehouse in Waverly Ohio. Thanks

Seaofblue, that's a nice dilemma to have. :thumbsup: I haven't kicked the tires of the RK37, as Rural King is not projecting to have them available in Northern VA before next year. But TYM makes a good tractor, so I wouldn't have much concern about build quality even with the new brand. The big question, of course, with any new brand at first roll-out (and especially private-label) is long-term brand longevity and support. Only time will tell on that issue, even with the best of intentions on the part of Rural King. They seem to be off to a good start.

For the last couple of weeks I've spent some time researching both the CK3510 SE hydro open-station and the RK37H, among other brands. I wanted to add an open-station tractor in a smaller frame size than my Kioti NX4510HST Cab. My little Kubota B2150HST open-station is a workhorse and going strong, but it's 25 years old and a bit light for some of the close-quarters work that the large-framed NX is not well-suited for, especially with its cab. Then, unexpectedly last week, while helping a buddy shop for tractors, a Kioti dealer made me a straight-up offer I couldn't refuse on a new CK3510 SE. So I went ahead and added one to the pack. :)

You didn't say whether you're looking at HST or shuttle, or open-station vs. cab. Either way, the CK3510 SE and the RK37 appear on paper to be a pretty good match-up in specs and features for CUTS in that frame size. I'm sure you've studied the online claimed specs of both. In terms of prices actually quoted, I found they are quite close, but YMMV depending on your area and specific dealers. I'm just assuming that RK tractor locations have some flexibility to discount the advertised website prices, but maybe not. FWIW, my out-the-door cash price on my CK3510SE HSTwith the new KL4030 loader turned out to be quite a bit lower than the RK37H web price. That surprised me.

Note that there are a few differences right now in features of the two models, which may or may not be important to you, although they were to me. E.g., the Kioti CK3510SE HST comes standard with two sets of dual remote valves, telescoping lower lift arms and stabilizer bars, cruise control and "linked pedal", which automatically increases the RPM as needed when the HST pedals are pressed. On the RK37H, a second dual remote can be added as an option. Telescoping lower lift arms and cruise control reportedly will be available and come standard starting this October (I don't know about telescoping stabilizer bars). The "linked pedal" feature, which RK calls "HST Sensitivity", is not available on the RK37, even as an option, although it is standard on the RK55.

One of the TBN members is a Rural King rep who posts as RK Tractor Guy to pitch the RK tractors and answer questions. Maybe he'll weigh in on this thread.

Good luck with your decision making!

/ Hard time deciding
Thanks for all the info guys. I am looking at the HST. And open cab. There are things about both I really love. Like the telescoping stabilizer bars on the Kioti. A little thing but I think it makes life a little easier. There is a dealership quite a ways from me offering a package deal. I don’t have any experience with these packages deals and I was wondering if it would be worth the 300miles drive. Thanks

/ Hard time deciding #7  
My Kioti saw three trips to the dealer for repairs, all within the first 250 hours (closer to 200 hours): have three issues now, one which will likely never be addressed (I can probably live with it, but I don't like it- service manager is a donkey), one that I might get some traction on (sales guys is a bit intrigued, and one more that was caused by a repair they did and I'm thinking they're trying to run the clock out on it). They're about an hour away. I'd hate to think how much worse this would have been had they been a long way away.

/ Hard time deciding #8  
Seaofblue, have you checked with the Kioti dealers nearer to you to see how close they'll come to matching that package deal? Even if they won't, they certainly would do your warranty work if any is needed. It's my understanding that margins on new sales are fairly thin, while service work (including manufacture warranty work), is quite profitable.

/ Hard time deciding #9  
Someone who knows more about it can say if I'm correct or mistaken about TYM being the Cabela's tractor 'rebadge' which became discontinued and an orphan by Cabelas after a couple of years of lackluster sales.

As to Kioti, they are a solid company and make a great, full featured line of tractors. They have a very decent price point for their tractors and usually beat what the competition has to offer. I've had no real issues with the two Kiotis I've owned, and I have run up over 1,500 hours on the clock between the two, since 2009.

/ Hard time deciding #10  
Someone who knows more about it can say if I'm correct or mistaken about TYM being the Cabela's tractor 'rebadge' which became discontinued and an orphan by Cabelas after a couple of years of lackluster sales.

TYM is a major Korean tractor manufacturer. After their acquisition of Kukje (makers of Branson) they became the largest Korean tractor manufacturer. TYM manufactures tractors and/or parts for many major tractor brands, including John Deere, Mahindra, etc. TYM is a well-regarded company.

Cabelas sporting goods store contracted with TYM to make tractors for them, but when the Cabelas company was sold, the tractors were discontinued. Now RK has contracted with TYM to build tractors for them. It is a similar business model, e.g., cutting out the dealer as a middle man. RK sales appear to be brisk, and if they're truly committed to this project long term, they may have a future. Obviously no one can predict what will happen, but the prices are very, very attractive.

(The camo paint on the Cabelas tractors was IMO a really dumb idea.) :)