has any GC series owner ever tried moving lift links back an inch on lift arms to gain lift height?

/ has any GC series owner ever tried moving lift links back an inch on lift arms to gain lift height?
If you are near Bangor, I can call my buddy and have him drop by and help you. Loves projects.
25 miles roughly from Bangor I'm fine wiht pm'ing you my cell #
Etna and Bangor is close and I actually drove through both via 95 last Friday.
day after the small storm LOL due to skidsteer operator getting hit by another driver and totaling his POV at 0215 thursday AM as well as boss totaling brand new fisher 1.5yd fisher salter that day a normal 5 hour plowing outing was 11+ hours for me LOL

Last edited:
   / has any GC series owner ever tried moving lift links back an inch on lift arms to gain lift height? #22  
I just noticed that replacement lift arms (which may or may not fit your tractor) at TSC are $74 each and are said to be forged and that makes me wonder if yours are going to be very difficult to drill ? For sure you want them off the tractor & to use a drill press on this little project.

/ has any GC series owner ever tried moving lift links back an inch on lift arms to gain lift height? #23  
25 miles roughly from Bangor I'm fine wiht pm'ing you my cell #

day after the small storm LOL due to skidsteer operator getting hit by another driver and totaling his POV at 0215 thursday AM as well as boss totaling brand new fisher 1.5yd fisher salter that day a normal 5 hour plowing outing was 11+ hours for me LOL
Yes, my trip to downeast was delayed due to that small storm. There was still some snowfall Friday but not a big deal.

/ has any GC series owner ever tried moving lift links back an inch on lift arms to gain lift height?
I just noticed that replacement lift arms (which may or may not fit your tractor) at TSC are $74 each and are said to be forged and that makes me wonder if yours are going to be very difficult to drill ? For sure you want them off the tractor & to use a drill press on this little project.
seeing as how Part 6259499M92 is 235$ EACH I expect the TSC pars don't fit.

Yes, my trip to downeast was delayed due to that small storm. There was still some snowfall Friday but not a big deal.
yeah I was plowed and done and let boss handle the bangor stuff Friday as anything at that point was salter issue really. no sense driving a 2011 chevy 2500HD ( 7.5 mpg) with a 9.2 boss DXT weighing 925lbs dry 25 miles away one way to deal with stupid apartments. we both agree its a better financial decision to MY benefit LOL

/ has any GC series owner ever tried moving lift links back an inch on lift arms to gain lift height? #26  
seeing as how Part 6259499M92 is 235$ EACH I expect the TSC pars don't fit.
I don't think you can go by price as to whether it would fit or not. Third party generic parts like that at TSC are often a fraction of the OEM prices. And OEM prices for simple parts are quite often hideously overpriced.

I don't think you can go by price as to whether it would fit or not. Third party generic parts like that at TSC are often a fraction of the OEM prices. And OEM prices for simple parts are quite often hideously overpriced.
seeing as how tractor supply company doesn't sell/make ANY actual parts for a gc series massey yes you can.
some addon parts, accessories MAYBE yes. actual parts no. I did look at that part you mentioned on TSC but nothing close to GC (subcompact) specs. some massy stuff but NO SCUT stuff.
this is why on first post I said this deals with massey gc series only
this prob would only apply to gc series scut due to design
kubota, JD, etc have more aftermarket stuff. OLDER massey gc series....nope

/ has any GC series owner ever tried moving lift links back an inch on lift arms to gain lift height? #28  
Just adjust so it wont go down so far. Then it will raise higher.

Just adjust so it wont go down so far. Then it will raise higher.
huh tried to edit one post and lost 2.
theres no way to do this on this unit. the rt side adjustable lift link is to even out rt/left sides and is pretty much full tight.

well...before drilling lower lift arms I checked and...dealer cannot order new arms if they break so...not drilling them.
I played around with drilling lift links but had binding issues.
if its a real issue I'll put an adjustable link on left side, remove lock nuts both sides and just run up against the threads both sides, gain an 1.75 inches lift at the end.
or go back to the pats hitches and have to hop off for every attachment.
we'll see how it goes during tilling season.