has anyone done a full calibration on a 4310 hydro?

/ has anyone done a full calibration on a 4310 hydro? #1  

chickenman

Gold Member
I'd like to hear your experience

/ has anyone done a full calibration on a 4310 hydro? #2  
I have done the E-Hydro Electronic Operation System Automatic Calibration Page 312 in the technical manual.

The only problem I had is I forgot to read the first line. "Park machine safely in neutral with park brake locked." It will not work without following that line. Read and reread the procedure until you have it memorized and follow it exactly, it does work.

/ has anyone done a full calibration on a 4310 hydro?
I have done the E-Hydro Electronic Operation System Automatic Calibration Page 312 in the technical manual.

The only problem I had is I forgot to read the first line. "Park machine safely in neutral with park brake locked." It will not work without following that line. Read and reread the procedure until you have it memorized and follow it exactly, it does work.

I have to calibrate the proportional valves and that procedure requires the wheels off the ground and turning freely

the problem I'm having is I get through the forward valve and it won't calibrate the reverse valve.

/ has anyone done a full calibration on a 4310 hydro? #4  
Have you checked the voltages for the rear potentiometer? My guess is the potentiometer needs caibrated to the voltage values. My manual shows 550e black as ground, 673e orange as 5v reference and 687 purple as output to controller.

The potentiometer (purple wire) should be calibrated to .7v at top of travel (TOT) and 3.6 to 4.5 at bottom of travel (BOT). Check these and adjust as necessary and try the procedure again.

Have you checked the voltages for the rear potentiometer? My guess is the potentiometer needs caibrated to the voltage values. My manual shows 550e black as ground, 673e orange as 5v reference and 687 purple as output to controller.

The potentiometer (purple wire) should be calibrated to .7v at top of travel (TOT) and 3.6 to 4.5 at bottom of travel (BOT). Check these and adjust as necessary and try the procedure again.

I have but i'm going to check it again tomorrow

does your tractor have the flywheel speed sensor?

mine doesn't but my shop manual shows it so the wiring on my tractor doesn't match the schematics I have

the drive controller isn't putting out any voltage to the reverse solinoid.

and it's a new controller I may have bought unnecessarily.

I can see the reverse potentiometer voltage climb at the controller so the controller is getting the reverse pedal signal.

it's just not sending voltage to the solenoid.

/ has anyone done a full calibration on a 4310 hydro? #6  
I don't know, I have never looked for it.

My manual shows the output from the controller to the reverse proportional soleniod is 697 purple coming out of k3 on the drive controller.

/ has anyone done a full calibration on a 4310 hydro? #7  
What symptoms are you having?

What symptoms are you having?

it goes through the calibration until the last step which is to calibrate the reverse proportional valve and no signal is coming out of the controller pin out for that

I've checked the coils and they appear good and i swapped the coils on the valves and the wheels turn in reverse so the valve is good

and this is a new controller just a few days old and it's doing the same thing as the old one

the tractor ran until I tried to do a complete calibration at the dealers suggestion,

the cruise control was out which led to this mess

there has to be an electrical fault somewhere but I haven't been able to find it, the wiring on the tractor doesn't match the manual which I bought to work on my tractor which is one problem

jd's solution for the manual is buy a new one instead of giving me the updated one that matches the tractor I paid good money for

the dealer hasn't been able to find a current diagram to print out for me

the other solution is bring the tractor in, it's something I could do myself if i had the proper info and I have found no way to talk to jd directly

under this system if the dealer can't help, you're crap out of luck

/ has anyone done a full calibration on a 4310 hydro? #9  
still broken? bring it to the dealer they will probably fix it in an hour.:laughing:

still broken? bring it to the dealer they will probably fix it in an hour.:laughing:

if they can't tell me what's the probable cause, I doubt it