Has anyone traded their tractor for a UTV

/ Has anyone traded their tractor for a UTV #1  

BizDoc

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
I used to mow with my cab B3030 tractor and a 72 inch deck. Then bought a zero turn with a 60 inch deck and cut mowing time in half, but the tractor mower stays unattached these days. So now I use my tractor for the bucket to move dirt in the summer and plow snow in the winter. It comes in real handy in the winter, obviously. I also have a Polaris 400 Ranger UTV. While riding our ranger I ran into a neighbor who had a larger ranger that had an enclosed cab with heat and air, and had a hydrologic system on the front for both/either a bucket or 4 way blade. On the surface that seems great, one less piece of equipment to maintain and store. Has anyone else done or considered doing this?

/ Has anyone traded their tractor for a UTV #2  
I have tractors and UTV (Kubota RTV900) and would never consider giving up one or the other of them. They both have their place, RTV for hauling me and a few tools around plus loads of trash like pruned limbs, rocks etc. I can haul more with my RTV than I can in the FEL on my tractor. I do use the tractor to move longer trees and heavier rocks that I cant lift by hand so each has it place and uses for hauling stuff but for pulling, nothing beats a tractor.

So, NO, I would never consider going to just one or the other unless under penalty of death I had to choose just one and then it would be my RTV.

/ Has anyone traded their tractor for a UTV #3  
I would never consider it. I have both, but my UTV is mostly used for play. If I could only have one it would be hands down the tractor.

/ Has anyone traded their tractor for a UTV #4  
I will trade when they come out with a UTV that weighs 5 tons (OK, I can live with 4 tons,,,)

My tractor does anything,,, the UTV is transportation,,,

/ Has anyone traded their tractor for a UTV #5  
I did w/o a UTV until last year, now the tractor get's used for what it's supposed to do & the UTV for the minor stuff.

Ronnie

/ Has anyone traded their tractor for a UTV #6  
Depends on what you need to do. I have used my ATV to do all my work for just over 8 years before I bought my B2620.

An ATV or UTV will do anything a homeowner needs to do, from mowing to towing, hauling, plowing and skidding logs. There is all kinds of implements and towed implements you can get for them, and still have something to go play ride or use for transportation.

But it won't do the bucket or backhoe work a tractor will do if you find the need for that often. I moved 330 tonnes of pit run gravel with my B. No way you'd do that with zero manual labor with an ATV.

/ Has anyone traded their tractor for a UTV #7  
I have and use both a tractor and a UTV.They both have their uses and one cannot replace the other;at least what I do with mine.

/ Has anyone traded their tractor for a UTV #8  
I only used my Kubota BX2370 for mowing and the occasional bucket load of material. I sold the tractor and bought a zero turn and a Kawasaki Mule. It has worked out much better for me as I can mow faster and in more comfort and use the UTV for getting around faster, with a suspension, and with other people with me. I am less of a farmer and more of a homeowner with acreage, however, although I do run a small Christmas tree farm.

/ Has anyone traded their tractor for a UTV #9  
Only UTV that would come close to doing your tractor tasks would be a Bobcat brand Toolcat. Google search them if you aren't familiar. Or search here there are several owners. Or start a thread asking for Toolcat information.

/ Has anyone traded their tractor for a UTV #10  
Just depends what you actually do with your tractor. There are hybrids like the toolcat 5600 or the 5610 which has a 3 point hitch. Both of those are real pieces of equipment that will do some real work with the limit being lift height on the FEL. I always thought the 56109 was a neat piece of equipment. 4 wheel steering will blow a tractor away as far as maneuverability and the low center of gravity is nice for some tasks. Those are both going to be built to a much higher standard than a some young son foreign job.

I agree on mowing. Zero turn mowers are built do one thing and they are darn good at it.

I suspect many people would use a Toolcat more than a tractor as that bed would come in handy for many tasks.

Some of the other HD models of UTV's have a small loader on front and have a PTO for stuff like pushing snow they would work quite well. I"Ve seen some of the Kubotas that have auxiliary hydraulics for things like wood splitters which might be useful for some folks.