Has anyone used a boat motor elec/hyd cylinder to make power steering on an old tract

/ Has anyone used a boat motor elec/hyd cylinder to make power steering on an old tract #11  
This may sound a little rude-I don't mean it to be...but if you admittedly don't know enough to get your existing system up to par how do you expect to add a new system and have it functioning safely?

My thoughts exactly.....:(

/ Has anyone used a boat motor elec/hyd cylinder to make power steering on an old tract #12  
Leejohn: Thanks for the info. I'm not aware of the system you described. The one I have is made by Cook Manufacturing in Oklahoma and works differently. Either way, I would not recommend it for an easy power steering system.

Jobguy: Have you considered a larger diameter steering wheel? It doesn't take much to give you extra leverage. Do you remember how big the steering wheels on cars were before power steering?;)

/ Has anyone used a boat motor elec/hyd cylinder to make power steering on an old tract #13  
Jim yes that CMC power lift is alot different and as you said either way no good for power steering. The ones I was talking about were the stern drive cyls.

/ Has anyone used a boat motor elec/hyd cylinder to make power steering on an old tract #14  
This may sound a little rude-I don't mean it to be...but if you admittedly don't know enough to get your existing system up to par how do you expect to add a new system and have it functioning safely?

i agree completely. if the oem hyds aren't working.. or not known how to work.. then fabbing up a new system from scratch is gonna be even more of a stretch.

/ Has anyone used a boat motor elec/hyd cylinder to make power steering on an old tract
I'm going to look for a larger steering wheel and see if I can find one of these tractors with factory power steering to see how the mfg did it. Maybe find original equipment. All of you have been very helpful. Thanks

/ Has anyone used a boat motor elec/hyd cylinder to make power steering on an old tract
wdchyd: Now that looks interesting. Might even be within my capabilities. Thanks