Hats

/ Hats #13  
In cool weather with bright sun just a ball cap. In hot weather I wear a fishing hat. It has a little bit longer than normal bill, cloth across the top with mess side, and a curtain across back hanging down to cover the neck. It's the best I've found so far. Better than straw and wide brim hats.

/ Hats #14  
I still just go with a ball cap. I use sunscreen to keep from burning and by the end of the summer my neck is pretty brown. The big problem with skin cancer is when you burn, not just with exposure.

/ Hats #15  
wide brimmed fishing hat i got for free at the credit union when i opened my new account.

/ Hats #16  
I tend to wear an old "boonie" if I know I'll be working in the sun, and a baseball cap if I'll be working mostly under the trees.

Roy

/ Hats #17  
In my JD-3520-Cab with the AC going, its generally one of my John Deere ball caps as I use a big set of earmuff headphones for my MP-3 music, . . but all the rest of the time its a Cowboy hat for me. Light one for summer, heavy one for the winter and of course a "good" one for "dress,..or Honky-tonkin" nights! BUT, I'm never without a hat of some sort.

Another thing: for guys with high foreheads, we tend to sweat a lot. Like "Woodchuckie" above, I cut a face cloth in half and sewed it in front to soak up the sweat as that "terrycloth" material is great for that!!

CHEERS !
. . tug

/ Hats #19  
I tend to wear an old "boonie" if I know I'll be working in the sun
Roy

That's what I often used but lately I've been wearing a "Breezer". Solid brim, open mesh sides and solid crown. Works pretty well but since it's only something started lately, it may be too late to gain any beneficial effects. Also started using sunscreen lately and that's something I've never done in my life before.

/ Hats #20  
Most of the time I wear one of these bucket hats in XL as Large is more of a Medium in my book.

Cabela's Washed Bucket Hat

If it's real hot, and I'm not under canopy cover while outside, then I wear one of these.

MSC Item Detail

I wear my hardhat when using the gas trimmer and I have one of these in it for hot days.

MSC Item Detail

And I have a welder's beanie for when I'm crawling around under a vehicle to help keep crud out of what's left of my hair. The beanie fabric is too slick and my welder's helmet doesn't stay put because of it.