Haul Yanmar Home Safely

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely
Thanks for the idea Jag - Where we live and where our farm is are 2 different places so I want to have my horse trailer set up to haul it anyway.

KenMac you are right - 6 hours!

Mr. Jimi - I'm going to order my Binders from N. Tool - The ones I want are out of stock ! So no go there - I'm debating on what my second choice is.

Thanks!

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #22  
rgood said:
Mr. Jimi - I'm going to order my Binders from N. Tool - The ones I want are out of stock ! So no go there - I'm debating on what my second choice is.

Thanks!
There should be NO second choice, they are sold individually, go that route if you have to or ask them to put 4 in one box and charge you 4 price
cost ya nothing to ask on their 800 number?
LOL
:D

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #23  
Are you sure those d rings are strong enough to anchor a 2000 lb tractor with chain binders?

Next dumb question: is the ceiling in the horse trailer tall enough to clear the muffler and ROPS?

I don't see that anyone has answered your ramps question. There are some safety warnings about ramps on this site that are worth reading.

For ramp construction, you might look on Shop Floor Talk and search for ramps. Probably looking at least at 3" channel rails and 2 x 2 angle set 6" apart.

Thanks for the feedback 2manyrocks - I'll have to make sure the ROPS is foldable in 1/2 - I'm confident that will clear - How tall do you think the average muffler is? - I'll have to measure the height inside the trailer, but it's pretty tall inside - I know my horse looks over a 6' round pen without any problem and he doesn't hit his head.

Thanks for the Ramp Link too!

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #25  
I don't see this as real rocket science. Enclosed horse trailer. How many horses? 2-3 horse trailer and they weigh 1000# or so? Should be able to carry the tractor. Tandom axle I would also guess. Enclosed so it's not going anywhere. If you make a sharp turn at 70 I think I'd be worrying about something more that a load shift!!! It's bad news either way. A nicely tied down tractor can still pull a trailer over. With a rear loading trailer you can secure the tractor from going forward...mosty what I secure mine for...I also secure the front to BTW. I think the D-rings are a great idea. Just keep it at 60-65 and you'll do fine.

Rob

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #26  
I also agree, if she fits into the trailer, and you can tie it down fore and aft so it cannot move forwards or backwards, you should be just fine for the trip home. I know from hauling horses myself, you dont do any quick turning or hard stops unless you want an injured horse. Do your normal pre trip on the trailer once its loaded, ie brakes, lights, tires up to pressure ect. Stay safe. Mike

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #27  
The overall height to muffler tip on a YM226D is 71.2 inches. If they gave you a sales brochure on your tractor, it may have the height of yours.

Thanks! The trailer is 79" tall so sounds like that'd work

I looked at a Kubota today - L2550 - He wanted $8,500 for it - 2,300 hours

And it just didn't look worth that much money - And additionally the roll bar was not foldable - So, it wasn't going to work with the trailer.

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #29  
I don't know if it's true, but I've always been told when binding down a Tractor never put a Strap are Chain across middle over the transmission, this could crack the bell housing, only bind it down front and back.