Hauling attachments

/ Hauling attachments #11  
I have a small tractor and a 16ft dovetail trailer. I have loaded my disk harrow all the way to the front. had the bushhog attached, lifted it up in the air backed on the trailer then set it ontop of the harrow which had the 3pt end facing foward. Then i strapped the hog n harrow seperatly down. Then i put the box blade beside the tractor. I do not have a FEL so this works.

/ Hauling attachments #12  
deerfarmer4life said:
I have to move a 16K LBS tractor about a dozen times a year for some custom work. Doesnt pay to hire someone out to do it when im barely making money doing it. I own a 20ft tilt bed and that barely fits the tractor and attachment thats on it. Im wishing i would of went with a 40ft trailer sometimes.

Why do it if you are noy making money? With wear and tear on my tractor, trailer, truck, and implements i do not leave my property other then family for less than $60 per hour.

Chris

/ Hauling attachments
Why do it if you are noy making money? With wear and tear on my tractor, trailer, truck, and implements i do not leave my property other then family for less than $60 per hour.

Chris

I said barely. Im one break down from losing money on it. It pays for the payments on the machine and gives me some money in my pocket

/ Hauling attachments #14  
Cant put anything in the bed. Have a 32 ft gooseneck.
When i haul the tractor with fel. Tiller attached. Then 72 inch rotary cutter, disc, planter, box blade and my brillion. I run out of room for the gang box with tools,chainsaw, and then my fuel transfer tank. I just bought a 500 gal poly tank for hauling water and then i have to put my sprayer in the mix somewhere

I was thinking of welding up some sort of rack that i could put the 3pt stuff on.

I'm not sure if you're interested in this idea or not, but things like the rotary cutter take up a lot of room and aren't particularly expensive. You could probably buy another one on a farm auction for $400 and leave it there for example. Also, if you were pals with one of the nearby landowners where you're going you might be able to just burn an extra hour or two doing some work for them with your tractor and you could use their attachments that are already in the neighborhood.

$0.02

/ Hauling attachments
Ive thought of that but ive picked up some nice quality stuff and just doesnt make sense to me to spend 500 on anthor brush hog when ive got a 3500 dollar one sitting in the shed at home