Hauling mixed concrete?

/ Hauling mixed concrete? #61  
The problem with moving mixed material, is the aggregate settles to the bottom as you
drive to the job and its very, very hard to get it mixed back in, that is to make it correct/consistent.

That's a lot of helpers! Some of them look useful, too. :)

Everyone should try out hauling wet concrete in those dump trailers. It is just awful, both of the times I have done it.
Even when the plant is only a few miles away, the aggregates need to be scraped out of the bottom of the
trailer with a hoe.

Of course, the ultimate pour is with a boom-pump truck. Very expensive, but amazingly easy.

Attachments

• pump_#6.jpg
    pump_#6.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 82
   / Hauling mixed concrete? #62  

Everyone should try out hauling wet concrete in those dump trailers. It is just awful, both of the times I have done it.
Even when the plant is only a few miles away, the aggregates need to be scraped out of the bottom of the
trailer with a hoe.

Of course, the ultimate pour is with a boom-pump truck. Very expensive, but amazingly easy.

I agree about the trailers, tried the U cart method in the 80's never want to do that again. Hauling two yards at a time in New Orleans traffic, what a nightmare that was.

The next job I used a pump truck and boom to fill foam core blocks that was an easy pour.

/ Hauling mixed concrete? #63  
Not seen was that one person mixed the plastic fiber in, others were at standby to give anyone a break. And 2 people added mix to each mixer. We had a vibrator, water pump, everything was powered by 2 little 2000 Honda generators.

Pouring via bags can work! :D We'd never-ever haul wet mix via trailer....

trailer with a hoe.

Attachments

• Honda Gens (DL).jpg
    Honda Gens (DL).jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 75