Have a little question

/ Have a little question #1  

Wingit

Hello folks,

I love the site; it looks like a lot of good information on repairs/mods/equipment. I’ve been doing a lot of searching and think I know what I would like to get. But first

Just a little information on what I will be using my tractor when I get it, I have 10 acres, 3 which are clear and I'm living on. I have about 4 that needs to be bush hogged with some tree clearing a barn to remove and level for new building. I have 600' driveway that has a ditch on each side that needs to be cleaned up and the driveway fixed. Plus a host of other things it will be used for. This is what I'm leaning to:

Jinma 284, 304 but if the prices is right 354. loader/backhoe, bush hog, post hole digger and or package deal with trailer. I have been trying to get dealers to respond with basic information to emails but know one seams to be interested other then wanting me to call. At this point in my search I'm using the internet to find what I want and emailing for basic information and price. What price range would I be in with the item I'm looking for? I’m planning on making a purchase when I get back home from offshore.

Thanks

/ Have a little question #2  
There are many dealers who use this forum, so I'm going to suggest you fill out your profile with a general location of where you live.

I have 13 acres, wooded, long driveway, pretty much what you describe. My 204 Jinma does most of what I need to do, but I would suggest at least a 304 or 354 if you can afford it. I think you'll get a lot of info from this forum. Good luck on your adventures.

/ Have a little question #3  
Chances are the dealers do not wish to publish fixed numbers but will give you the information if you talk to them. Puts it on a more personal basis and they may feel it gives them some bargaining room on price.

Have you thought about getting bids?

/ Have a little question #4  
ScottL,did you send us a e-mail ?If not send me one and I will give you whatever info and pricing you need,we sell package deals with trailers.We also have a large parts inventory,I have sold several in La.We are about 60 miles NW of Houston so if you are interested in a quote from us let me know.
tommy@affordabletractorsalesco.com

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
979-865-4002
website AFFORDABLE TRACTORS

/ Have a little question #5  
Based upon your description of work, I'm thinking you ought to go in first with a bulldozer. These Chinese tractors are strong, but what you describe is asking a lot. It's not uncommon around here for folks to first buy a bulldozer for the grunt work, then turn around and sell it. From the proceeds, they then then buy a tractor and implements/accessories for the cleanup and day to day maintenance.

If you don't want to buy a dozer, rent one - or hire one. It will save a lot of wear and tear on your tractor/accessories/implements in the long run

//greg//

/ Have a little question
It looks like everyone plays on the same sites :D hehe, well I sent out emails to the different dealers waiting for replies. Thanks. Maybe I will just look at the 284 or 304 and the implements I listed, was just thinking hp.

Sorry about looking to get dealers to post price on the site, that was not my intension only looking see what the price ranges would be. The though of getting bids is interesting.

Thanks for the info.

/ Have a little question #7  
I don't think them 200 series tractors are big enough for a back hoe myself,and not big enough for anything other than light fel work,[not ramming it into things],so sounds like you should get a bigger one,,,or,rent a hoe and or dozer when you might need it,,and just use your tractor for cutting grass and blading,etc.,,course many do have hoes and fels on their 200 series,sure many work just fine,but have heard of many that have shown the tractor ain't big enough for that,,,thingy

/ Have a little question
Thats why I was looking a the more HP, but depending on what kinda deals come through, I will see. I would like to get a crate package because of the low price deals, but if I can by from local or not on the other side of the states (;) No offense to the folks on the east or west coast;)). Well just waiting for the prices to be sent to me and then I will make my buy.

Thanks for reply

/ Have a little question #9  
30hp range is nice for that acerage.

What's the backhoe for.. you plan to do alot of digging? or just 1-2 jobs? if 1-2 jobs.. hire the backhoe work out and save some cash.

Soundguy

/ Have a little question #10  
Yeah,,like sound guy said,,,when I bought mine 4 years ago,,they was only advertising 25 hp,,[sure others sold bigger],,but now,,they got em way up there,,get a 30-40 hp one,,think northern sells what,,up to 30-40,,different bigger frames,,heard of a what,,80 hp jinma?? or something,,on here,,,,,but still,,would rent a dozer when needed and backhoe when needed,,and not punish my brand new tractor that a ways,,,,its plenty good for redoing your driveway,,and brushhoging saplings up to an inch or so,,,once you get the major work done,,you won't need a hoe or even a fel probaby?? thingy