Have BX 25D look at B2601

/ Have BX 25D look at B2601 #1  

Ktucke1

Tractor
Kubota BX 26D
Need some advice. I have a 2013 Kubota BX25D with front snow blower and mid mount 60" mower with 455 hours on it. Went to dealer today and I can get obnoxious amount of $ for it. I use it for turning a large garden, mowing 1.5 acres, moving large logs as I have a wood burning stove, and most importantly blowing a long steep driveway in CT where it snowed a lot until I bought it. I hate disconnecting and moving around the mower and hate hooking up the blower. I can get a B2601 that is in stock with a blade and 54" mower for a difference of about $15k. Not sure how all the numbers work but it has backhoe and loader just like my old one just bigger. I've done most of the land clearing I'm going to do with the old one so just looking to make life easier with a smaller deck and more power/size to do stuff mentioned above. I figure if we do get decent amount of snow I can go out and do it mid storm and move it around with the loader if it piles up. I'm 50 and mine will probably last me until I die but honestly moving around that deck and blower will probably be what kills me. Gotta do it right?

/ Have BX 25D look at B2601 #2  
I have a 2013 Kubota BX25D with 455 hours on it.

You have averaged 50-1/2 engine hours per year since acquisition during 2013. Less than one hour per week. Not knowing if you or the dealer does service outside of fueling and greasing, which most owner/operators do for themselves, I speculate your tractor operating cost is around $12.00 per engine hour.

I can get a B2601 with a blade and 54" mower for a difference of about $15k. Not sure how all the numbers work but it has backhoe and loader just like my old one just bigger.

Based on $15,000 (plus $1,000 sales tax?) and 50-1/2 engine hours per year your hourly operating cost will likely increase to $30.00.

What do you do with your BX25D Backhoe that you cannot accomplish with a $200 FEL bucket toothbar or a $200 FEL bucket spade on the potential B2601?

I'm 50. Gotta do it, right?

Are you debt and mortgage free? Was your IRA contribution and your spouse's IRA contribution maxed out for 2021?

I can get a B2601 with a blade and 54" mower for a difference of about $15k. Not sure how all the numbers work but it has backhoe and loader just like my old one just bigger.

Within subcompact and compact tractor categories, a significant tractor capability increase requires a bare tractor weight increase of 50%. It takes a 100% increase in bare tractor weight to elicit MY-OH-MY!

Last edited: