Have STEINER, Will Travel

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #1  

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
Never Enough Steiner/Ventrac stuff on here.

Little excursion to grind a stump and pull out some unwanted bushes for my lady friend.

DSC00081.JPG

DSC00084.JPG

DSC00086.JPG

I just really prefer never to pull a trailer if I don't have to. The ramps could stand to be a bit longer for a 3/4 ton truck. I had some folding ones
at the limit of the Steiners weight that buckled. Had my Lady friend return them to Canadian Tire. Told her to make sure to mention, I was almost
killed! lol

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #2  
Nice!

I did the same thing with my Power Trac PT425 many times when I didn't feel like hooking up the trailer. I removed my tailgate, though, because I didn't trust it. I see you have a brace under yours. Mine was a full sized 8' bed. I could back that thing right up in there with a 5' finish mower easy peasy. Then off to mow the Little League or wife's church, etc...

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel
There is also some formed 1/4" checker plate to straddle the tailgate. I long ago adopted a policy of tapping a 1/2" hole in the bottom of my hitch receivers so I could snug them up with a bolt. Takes the wobble out of this arrangement nicely. Life would be easier with an eight foot box though.

The newer machines are more powerful and sophisticated, but the older smaller machines had some advantages. They used to raise them with a FEL to the second story of chicken barns for cleanout, which has become difficult with the newer larger machines.

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #4  
Nice tailgate brace! I bent the tailgate pivot brackets on my 04 Duramax tailgate loading my ventrac 4231 with slip scoop into it. I can tell you the tailgate on my old truck a 2000 Ram Cummins is way stronger I loaded that same machine for 2 yrs several times and never bent anything .

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #5  
Backing up to a hill would take some of the excitement out of loading too !

The hill helps more for reducing angle of approach. I miss the longer folding ramps, well not really!

DSC03163.JPG
I Wonder What That YELLOW STICKER said.

DSC03166.JPG

Cats Coming to Lend assistance, albeit just a but late!

DSC03168.JPG

Nothing broken, just time wasted.

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #7  
No injuries or damage is a good day. One of our cats assisted me in installing a dishwasher yesterday. Quite handy. :laughing:

As much as they can be without thumbs. On the other hand, some people try and help that are nothing but thumbs.

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #9  
As much as they can be without thumbs. On the other hand, some people try and help that are nothing but thumbs.

At least the cat was fun to work with. Climbed under the sink as soon as I took out everything to get to the water shutoff. Climbed into the hole where the old dishwasher came out. Reached under the open cabinet door and whacked my hands and tools every time they came past. And decided to climb up on my side while I was laying on the floor hooking up the electric and leveling the feet! :laughing: