Have you lived?

/ Have you lived? #141  
I understand your problem now, you was raised up on the wrong side of town, an then went to a "school" that's built right square in the middle of a swamp. That'll warp a young fella.
Best joke in town, RIT is building a new building to hold another WEB press. Gonna be real interesting watchin them sink pilings for this one. TV report the other night said the new WEB will be for professors to use printing school documents.
I'm over in Hilton, the apple part of the county, and also home of 3 convicted murderers. Dang interesting area to live in.

/ Have you lived? #142  
My wife has family in Hilton. Klafehn is the name...pretty big family I guess. I was following that BX2200 ripped off in the Hilton area that was posted a while back. Seems like a hot bed of criminal activity to be sure!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The high lite of my trips back are my visits to Don's Originals by the lake and getting a buttload of cookies from Elies bakery. Rochester is definately a great place to get food...of course the wings and pizza from Pontillo's go without saying.

RIT...you gotta love an engineering school having a problem with their buildings sinking!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Jeff

2-88572-tbird8k.gif

/ Have you lived? #143  
Well, it just goes to prove once exposed, you can NEVER get away from Hilton. Klafehns all over the place back here, seems like you can't turn a corner without stumbling on one.
Now, for the BAD news, Don's original at 12 corners has been bulldozed for a new bank or some crap like that. The one at the lake might still be open, but you can't get there from Webster any more cause they opened the outlet to Irondequoit bay. Nick Tahos is now closed at night thanks to the crime fighting mayor of Rochester, who actually lives in Fairport, with his wife the US Attorney. Nick died, and his son turned the food to crap anyhow.
Kodal Elmgrove is toast too, but the buildings have been bought, and it just became a free trade zone with Heldleburg as the anchor tennant, and it looks like there will be a soccer stadium built there for the Rochester Rhinos.
Pontillos is now a sort of franchise operation gotta be about 15 of them all over the county now. Worst of all, Veltri's bakery closed down when he retired and couldn't find a buyer.
Were you around RIT back around 72 when they bulldozed the campus for temporary dikes to keep the river out during the hurricane?

/ Have you lived? #144  
No, I was at RIT in '84 and '85 although I'm sure my brothers would know about it. Both have lived there most of their lives and are a good bit older than me, 55 and 59 years old. The one I said moved to the Adirondecks recently used to work for Kodak Elmgrove and jumped with an early retirement as the writing was on the wall. Rochester sure seems to be having a tough time what with Kodak, Xerox and Bausch & Lomb tanking. Heck, a lot of the Klafehns worked for Kodak and also got out when the gettin' was good several years ago. Used to be a life long job. I know all of the stuff you mentioned except the bakery. Here's to good chicken wings, hot sauce and of course Zweigles!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Everytime my brother comes to visit they manage to bring us 10 pounds of hots...both white and red of course. Just can't eat the crap they will call hot dogs after Zweigles. Oh yeah, I also got the biggest surprise just after moving here to SC. Our local grocery store actually carries Carvel ice cream cakes. Another must have on our trips back. We'll go through 2 or 3 of the large ones in a week. I know the Carvel Ice cream places are pretty much gone but a least you can still get their cakes./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Ah well, I'm sure we'll be back again next July when the weather is more to my liking.

Jeff

2-88572-tbird8k.gif