Having A Hard Time Deciding Between LS Or Kioti

/ Having A Hard Time Deciding Between LS Or Kioti #31  
I had a delay getting rear remotes on what was, if not the very first, one of the very first NXs to get sold in North America. The cab top arrived within a week but due to packaging, arrived slightly damaged. The second top was also damaged. Kioti has since changed how they are packaged and I have a spare cab top for my trouble.

Overall, Kioti has been prompt getting me parts and I'm pleased with the ability to drop-ship to me everything I've asked for.

Fair enough...I knew there was some sort of delay/issue with it, but it's good to hear they fixed the packaging problems.

/ Having A Hard Time Deciding Between LS Or Kioti #32  
I think he meant "gotcha" as in okay, that makes sense, etc.

Illustrating once again the perils of the bare written word. :) I first read it as Pappy did, and was scratchin' my head over it.

/ Having A Hard Time Deciding Between LS Or Kioti #33  
OP, good discussion in this thread. Hope it's making your decision easier. Looks like that LS tricked out as you describe is more what you're looking for in that size range. When you next talk with the salesman/sales mngr., point out what he/she no doubt already knows, that the BH is essentially the same on both tractors and that LS should be able to get a little closer to Kioti's discounted price for it. Then you're done! See how helpful we TBN'rs are on helping our own spend their money? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Having A Hard Time Deciding Between LS Or Kioti #34  
Keep in mind the CK35 is an obsolete model. You might want to wait for the new CK3510, Much more loader capacity, I am not sure how they will price out, being Tier 4 final and also making some things optional that were standard on the CK35, but it may be something you want to consider.

CK3510H Value Tractor | Kioti Tractors

/ Having A Hard Time Deciding Between LS Or Kioti #35  
After reading this
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ls-tractors/337126-looks-like-ls-rolling-out.html
I have some concern with the LS. I'm worried about the regen every 4 hours...... Are other teir 4 engines doing it this often? I'm also concern with LS using the Shibarau engine for one year..... I've read Shibarau are great engines but are parts going to be available for THAT engine in 5-10 yrs if needed? I thought I also read that Shibarau is no longer making tractors?? Is this true? I haven't been in n the tractor world that long so I don't know much about these companies and what to expect.
I would really like to have a cab but I'm more concerned with having a tractor that's going to be reliable and one that will be able to get parts for if something goes wrong.
Here are the prices for the two tractors.
Kioti CK35hst $19,281 w/ free loader
Kioti Backhoe KB2475 $5750 after rebate
1st rear remote $318
2nd rear remote $375
Total $25,724

LS XR3037hc w/loader $25,000 ($5,719 difference)
LS Backhoe $6,800 (identical to Kioti, made by the same comp) ($1,050 difference)
Total $31,800 (total difference $6,769)

I'm not sure what exactly the price of the LS was with out the cab but it was a little over $21k so we're looking a little under $4,000 for a cab. The LS was a couple thousand more for tractor with out cab than the Kioti but to me that couple thousand was worth it for the extra capacity in the loader, two petals vs one on the Kioti, independent pto vs live, there might have been a couple other small things that I thought about b4. With this all said I would go with the lesser (loader capacity) Kioti if I thought I was getting a better tractor.
Like I said I'd like to have a factory cab if possible so that's why I'm thinking the LS .....

I don't think one of those brands is necessarily better than the other. They are both good tractors. I would decide based on the cab.

/ Having A Hard Time Deciding Between LS Or Kioti #36  
Keep in mind the CK35 is an obsolete model. You might want to wait for the new CK3510, Much more loader capacity, I am not sure how they will price out, being Tier 4 final and also making some things optional that were standard on the CK35, but it may be something you want to consider.

Obsolete? Speak for yourself k0ua. You have an obsolete tractor of an obsolete lineup. Yet you seem to like it plenty. Nothing wrong with buying a tier 3 tractor.

/ Having A Hard Time Deciding Between LS Or Kioti #37  
really enjoying this discussion, and appreciate the civility of ithe posters compared to a sports forum I participate in.
Hope the OP reveals which tractor he buys and what put that unit over the top.

/ Having A Hard Time Deciding Between LS Or Kioti
When you next talk with the salesman/sales mngr., point out what he/she no doubt already knows, that the BH is essentially the same on both tractors and that LS should be able to get a little closer to Kioti's discounted price for it.
I already tried this...... no go :(

I'm going to talk to the dealer a little more on this. To me the new one's lift capacity does look very appealing.