hay mowers

/ hay mowers #31  
Mike:

I don't use a mower at all, I use Roundup Ultra, same stuff we "burn our 7+ year fields with. Put it on once and forget the mower. Just don't do it on a windy day.

/ hay mowers #32  
<font color="blue"> I don't use a mower at all, I use Roundup Ultra, </font>
Good idea, Daryl. My wife uses Roundup on the riding ring to kill the weeds. I'll ask her to spray the berms, too. Well, maybe I'll do it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The guy at the garden store said Monsanto's patent on Roundup expired and that other companies are making theor own, cheaper version. No idea if this is true.

/ hay mowers #33  
Round Up

I buy a clone (copy) brand and it "mows" the grass and a few small unwanted trees very well on top of my stock pond dam. I forget the name, but I think its a little more deadly than Round Up. Maybe equal to Ultra? It may not be the real strong stuff, it cost around $80 for 2.5 gal. at the local CoOp and anyone can buy it. No restrictions. The ingredients are exactly the same as my round up just a higher %. Its plenty strong for our needs and the price is excellent compared to the stronger restricted stuff or the real Round Up brand concentrates.