Hay pricing

/ Hay pricing #51  
FL used to be #2 in beef cattle, but 1600 people a day moving here has made progress drop us to like 16th. Hence why I left the city ( St. Petersburg) and moved here where there is still lots of Ag

/ Hay pricing
FL used to be #2 in beef cattle, but 1600 people a day moving here has made progress drop us to like 16th. Hence why I left the city ( St. Petersburg) and moved here where there is still lots of Ag

That's a bummer! W're dealing with that right now. We bought our property just less than a year ago about 3 miles away from the city limit, and now their talking about moving the city limit line to our quiet county road. It looks like they might be building a apartment complex just a mile or so away. Bellingham being a college town, it's full of flaming liberals... It's just not good. I need not say more.

/ Hay pricing #53  
That's a bummer! W're dealing with that right now. We bought our property just less than a year ago about 3 miles away from the city limit, and now their talking about moving the city limit line to our quiet county road. It looks like they might be building a apartment complex just a mile or so away. Bellingham being a college town, it's full of flaming liberals... It's just not good. I need not say more.

Things will change and generally not for the better if you like a rural lifestyle...

I've been through it before and many of the folks that claim to like country living really only like the idea of it as in a Rockwell Painting...

My cousin actually had complaints from bringing in the hay on a Sunday because the city said no commercial work can be done on Sunday... he was trying to get it in before the weather changed.

/ Hay pricing #54  
Things will change and generally not for the better if you like a rural lifestyle... I've been through it before and many of the folks that claim to like country living really only like the idea of it as in a Rockwell Painting... My cousin actually had complaints from bringing in the hay on a Sunday because the city said no commercial work can be done on Sunday... he was trying to get it in before the weather changed.

Massachusetts is where I live and I'll admit it can be a funny kinda state at times. One thing I will say though is we have a Right to Farm Law and it makes it a bit less of a hassle for farmers and farming in general. My town and others around have also begun adopting their own Right to Farm Bylaws, which is basically stating they support agriculture in town and the rural lifestyle. Some towns have also formed Agricultural Commissions which will serve as a means of educating community members not familiar with farming and a potential buffer between resident complaints and the farmer.

/ Hay pricing #55  

Yeppers!!! I totally understand. I live about 30 miles north of the UF campus in Gainesville. That county has the highest taxes with the worst roads. I do crack up but I can see where it is needed, but around here some of the bigger farmers post signs on the fences explaining that they are a farm and have been, so sometimes it may smell, be loud, or have slow moving vehicles on the road. The county I live in only has ONE traffic light in the entire county.

/ Hay pricing
Things will change and generally not for the better if you like a rural lifestyle...

I've been through it before and many of the folks that claim to like country living really only like the idea of it as in a Rockwell Painting...

My cousin actually had complaints from bringing in the hay on a Sunday because the city said no commercial work can be done on Sunday... he was trying to get it in before the weather changed.

What a bummer man! This is very true. There are so many people in my area that have beautiful land and barns, but do nothing with them. All it's good for is a place for them to park their prius, and plaster their fence line with left wing political advertisements.

A friend of mine who lives WAY out in the county was pulling out of his driveway with a manure spreader, when a hug pack of bicyclist were coming down the road. He stopped and waited for them to pass to be polite. Going by they all flipped him off, and covered their noses. Yet it's literally illegal in my area for me to honk or yell at one if he's taking up the road, and I need to get somewhere. I could go on and on about the bicyclists...

Yeppers!!! I totally understand. I live about 30 miles north of the UF campus in Gainesville. That county has the highest taxes with the worst roads. I do crack up but I can see where it is needed, but around here some of the bigger farmers post signs on the fences explaining that they are a farm and have been, so sometimes it may smell, be loud, or have slow moving vehicles on the road. The county I live in only has ONE traffic light in the entire county.

Wow, that's awesome! If my county didn't have WWU, it would be a really great place. The town has a really cool history, a rich logging, and farming community, and for being a bigger small town is really cute. It's just the fruit-loops that spawn off the far left liberal teaching in colleges these day, that totally ruin a perfectly good community. It's just too bad.