Haying time!

/ Haying time!
When I have people that want to buy hay I ask them how many bales they want... Then I will leave that many laying on the ground, and they will bring their trucks & trailers & load it themselves...A lot of people do it that way, and you can get hay cheaper if you load it out of the field yourself.

If I have hay already put up in my barns and someone wants to buy hay, then I charge more because I loaded it out of the field myself and stacked it in the barn.

Yup, that's how we do it as well. Also, the fields we cut are pretty small, my fields are probably the biggest we do and they aren't very big, plus they are wicked steep...small and/or steep fileds make for pulling a wagon behind the baler a tricky proposition. Plus we don't use huge equipment either, my Massey could probably handle it but my partners Ford...? ;)

/ Haying time! #22  
Yup, that's how we do it as well. Also, the fields we cut are pretty small, my fields are probably the biggest we do and they aren't very big, plus they are wicked steep...small and/or steep fileds make for pulling a wagon behind the baler a tricky proposition. Plus we don't use huge equipment either, my Massey could probably handle it but my partners Ford...? ;)

I don't like working on steep hills.. Especially pulling a hay-wagon behind a baler, but I've done it a lot of times.