Haying with 26 HP or less.

/ Haying with 26 HP or less. #1  

spoofrider

Tractor
Mahindra 1526 HST
I wanted hear from any TBN members. That have any experience with haying equipment for 26 HP or under. I have a 26 horsepower tractor and I'm intrested in buying some haying equipment for it. My question's are. 1. Where's the best place to purchase equipment like this and why. 2. What kind warranty and customer service do they provide. 3. How reliable are they with reasonable care. 4. How available parts are. 5. Any other information that would be helpful In making this purchase.

/ Haying with 26 HP or less. #2  
Your old Ferguson will pull a hay rake,, and a sickle mower,,, and a small hay wagon,,,
that is about it for USA type hay equipment,,

I guess you could get some mini-baler from Europe,, if you were happy with tiny bales,,,:eek:

/ Haying with 26 HP or less.
I will be using a Mahindra 1526.

I did some research and I think I was intrested in either a drum mower or a disk mower.

/ Haying with 26 HP or less. #5  
I did some research and I think I was intrested in either a drum mower or a disk mower.

I don't think you'll be able to run any sort of disc mower or mower/conditioner. They take a lot of HP and a hefty tractor for machine stability.

/ Haying with 26 HP or less. #7  
There's a place called Texas Twist near Trenton Tx that rebuild's hay equipment then re-sales it. I think I saw a 2 cylinder Wisconsin powered baler sitting out front recently. He has rakes,mowers and other equipment.

OK , I'll have to check it out.

/ Haying with 26 HP or less. #10  
I put up about 600 square bales a year using a 35 HP tractor, a 4' drum mower, a wheel rake, and a 50-year-old Deere 24T. I think any of them would work with 26HP. With a small tractor you're limited to small squares.