HD box blade?

/ HD box blade? #21  
Agree with the 72" box for a 50 hp tractor. Hydraulic rippers are ever so much more useable than manual rippers. When it comes to earthwork you will need to engage the rippers more occassionally than constantly. Hence the benefit if the hydraulic control. I have stalled the 52hp MX with the rippers engaged in medium range. A wider box would be oversized in my opinion

/ HD box blade? #22  
You should also consider a land plane. I wound up buying a land plane instead of the box scraper because it just suited my needs better. It will smooth out rough ground and bring gravel up out of your driveway. Mine is a 7 foot Woods and is well made

/ HD box blade? #23  
You should also consider a land plane. I wound up buying a land plane instead of the box scraper because it just suited my needs better. It will smooth out rough ground and bring gravel up out of your driveway. Mine is a 7 foot Woods and is well made
I have a 7 ft landplane. It's a one trick pony. But it's a trick it does very well. The landplane does not carry dirt so it lacks the ability to truely cut the highs and fill the lows - maybe my expectations were too high. I use it for weedabatement on flat rock free ground.
I did see on here where one guy had made a box end for it (y)
A box with hydraulic top, tilt, and rippers is a different animal. If you don't have the 3 function rear hydraulics then you may as well drag a ground scraper around.

/ HD box blade? #24  
A box with hydraulic top, tilt, and rippers is a different animal. If you don't have the 3 function rear hydraulics then you may as well drag a ground scraper around.
It's very rare for find a 50hp tractor with 3 rear remotes. Without owner modification I'd say it's rare to find one with 2 rear remotes.

My Ford has 2. My LP rear blade is hyd angle and hyd tilt. I use a hyd top link. I put an electrical splitter on the blade so one tractor remote runs both blade systems with the flip of a switch on the tractor.

My Kubota has 3. So I can run the top link, side link and hyd rippers of the box blade. Also allows me to run hyd lift of my batwing cutter plus a separate system for each wing.

Not familiar with the OP's tractor so can't comment on how many rear remotes he has or the ease of adding more. Just don't rule out splitters to gain function on a tractor with limited rear remotes.

/ HD box blade? #25  
I have a 7 ft landplane. It's a one trick pony. But it's a trick it does very well. The landplane does not carry dirt so it lacks the ability to truely cut the highs and fill the lows - maybe my expectations were too high. I use it for weedabatement on flat rock free ground.
I did see on here where one guy had made a box end for it (y)
We had shoulders cut into our pond so that it was not an abrupt drop off and the dirt was piled up on the banks leaving a pretty size able mess but the land plane was able to smooth and contour it very well. Mine has scarifiers so it works well on about everything thing I’ve used it on. It also - as stated earlier does a great job making the driveway look new

/ HD box blade? #26  
ALL depends on what one is cutting into. I rarely use my rippers. What matters the most is WEIGHT. My 7' Tuffline weighs 1,200 lbs and I used it extensively when I was laying out my fencing lines. Other than the crappy hydraulics (not locking- drift really fast; caused me to break some linkage; I tend to run around with something like a board pinning the bar up) it's met all my needs. I'd have held out for a used one if I didn't have that fencing project bearing down on me: new box-balde and a dump trailer were purchased; I sold the dump trailer but still have the box-blade).

Attachments

• IMG_20170808_190902286.jpg
    IMG_20170808_190902286.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 243

Attachments

• IMG_20170531_131236967_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170531_131236967_HDR.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 228

/ HD box blade? #27  
I have a Woods 6ft on my 33hp and it does a really good job for road grading. Bought used from a rental yard for about half the new price. It looked like brand new and maybe rented out just a couple times.

Attachments

• 7CAECBFB-0381-4C42-AF8B-EC098B10BA89.jpeg
    7CAECBFB-0381-4C42-AF8B-EC098B10BA89.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 76
  • 666FCAA2-D7BA-4668-8521-710DD9A89B97.jpeg
    666FCAA2-D7BA-4668-8521-710DD9A89B97.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 73
   / HD box blade? #28  
For weight, I added a 7 foot section of train track and welded it on the top of the box. Good addition for digging in.

/ HD box blade? #29  
Hi All,

Looking to buy a heavy duty box blade this coming spring. Seems like there are a lot of options out there.

Looking for a true HD model for a 52 HP compact tractor. Rear tires are 66" so im looking at 72" wide on the box blade. Trying to get the best cost on a really well built unit that I can.
So far it seems that the two best on paper are either the Woods BSM or the heavier duty model from Everything Attachments.

The EA model looks nice and well designed, and is obviously we'll reviewed, but I am thinking that it has benefited from a lot of online popularity and marketing. The woods is heavier overall, and I believe is made of a heavier gauge steel.

Just looking for any guidance between these two, or any suggestions for other brands.

Don't care about brand, just want good quality for as good a price as I can get.
Everything Attachments builds many attachments including box blades in Newton, North Carolina.

/ HD box blade? #30  
Hi All,

Looking to buy a heavy duty box blade this coming spring. Seems like there are a lot of options out there.

Looking for a true HD model for a 52 HP compact tractor. Rear tires are 66" so im looking at 72" wide on the box blade. Trying to get the best cost on a really well built unit that I can.
So far it seems that the two best on paper are either the Woods BSM or the heavier duty model from Everything Attachments.

The EA model looks nice and well designed, and is obviously we'll reviewed, but I am thinking that it has benefited from a lot of online popularity and marketing. The woods is heavier overall, and I believe is made of a heavier gauge steel.

Just looking for any guidance between these two, or any suggestions for other brands.

Don't care about brand, just want good quality for as good a price as I can get.
1672931161048.png

This is mine. A roll-over box blade. As such it's built like a tank. Since its a specialty item they are not cheap. I use mine to maintain trails where I can't turn around and this allows me to pull, push or drop the scarifiers.