Head West not so young Man

/ Head West not so young Man #1  

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
I am starting the process of planning my motorhome trip out West this coming Spring. I know it's lame to post pics of a pc screen; I sure am not smart enough to capture the Google image, and I haven't joined them as a member yet,(do I want even more tracking of my activities?...)so this is the best I can do.

Most of the places with push pins are relatives and friends. I also want to see the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. Along this general path, can some of you make suggestions on what to see/not miss? I'll be pulling a Golf TDI so I can go exploring pretty easily. I noticed immediately the path takes me right through Waterloo Iowa. Now we all know what's there...sure not going to miss the home of Big Green. My actual route will be determined by the locations of the campgrounds I will stay in, but in this general path shown on the pics, what should I see? Can't do the West Coast on this trip, too long.

I intend to take as many farm equipment pics as possible, and will post them here as the trip goes along. Probably leaving late March.

Not interested in sports attractions, sorry diehard fans, nor Nascar, one thousand sorries..., :D but love history and local culture.
Travels with Charley, 2014 style.

Attachments

• DSCN0066.JPG
    DSCN0066.JPG
    970.5 KB · Views: 387
  • DSCN0065.JPG
    DSCN0065.JPG
    980.1 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN0064.JPG
    DSCN0064.JPG
    932.5 KB · Views: 336
   / Head West not so young Man #2  
You should try to spend some time in Zion park. It is beyond beautiful

/ Head West not so young Man
You should try to spend some time in Zion park. It is beyond beautiful

sounds neat. I am definitely going to stop at as many parks on the way that I can.
That looks like a pretty one.

Utah's First National Park

Follow the paths where ancient native people and pioneers walked. Gaze up at massive sandstone cliffs of cream, pink, and red that soar into a brilliant blue sky. Experience wilderness in a narrow slot canyon. Zion’s unique array of plants and animals will enchant you as you absorb the rich history of the past and enjoy the excitement of present day adventures.

/ Head West not so young Man #4  
Arkansas has some great state parks. That state takes a lot of pride in it's natural beauty.
Yellowstone is something everyone should experince....unfortunetly everyone does...it can get crowded. If you get over the beartooth pass on your way there, thats pretty special.

/ Head West not so young Man #5  
I am jealous. Hope you meet lots of good people along the way.

/ Head West not so young Man #7  
National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.

About the Museum

This somewhere I've always had a itch to visit. It's said to be very good.

You would have to head north from the Texas stop, then west through Amarillo instead of Lubbock.

/ Head West not so young Man #8  
The Biltmore House in Asheville and historic Williamsburg are worth visiting if you haven't already done so.

Steve

/ Head West not so young Man #9  
Lots of small parks in the West (short of the West Coast). You might consider Glacier NP just north of Yellowstone and Teton just south. Here are some screen shots.

Edit: I meant to note that the magenta routes are from trips we have made to the areas. If you want more info just send a PM.

Last edited:
   / Head West not so young Man #10  
Looks like you will be driving right close to "Little Bighorn Battlefield" AKA "Custer Battlefield" Its a quick easy stop off of I-90 if you like history.
Steve.