Heads Up!!! Front axle vent knob cap

/ Heads Up!!! Front axle vent knob cap #1  

1 of U

Silver Member
Tractor
L S XG 3025
Tractor 2016 XG3025
362 trouble free hours .

I saw a little axle oil on the inside of my left front rim , for most of the winter it's been
setting . i looked under the front end for a vent tube didn't see none , went and check manual
there's none only vent the axle has is the blue threaded cap on the right side on the axle , I pulled it
and looked at it . turns out it has one hole about 1/8 for a vent ,, I tried to blow some air through it
with my mouth ,, nope it was clogged up , shot a little air with a hose and it popped the top off and a rubber
seal ,, turns it it only has 1 hole for a vent , i drilled 3 holes for a total of 4 @ 90 degree's. popped the top
back in ,, hope I'm not too late and it didn't blow the seal completely out of the axle . we will see if it did blow a seal .
if it did all of that over a plastic cap with one vent hole in it ..

it's something we pretty much take for granted until crap happens .
ck your vents !!

Last edited:
   / Heads Up!!! Front axle vent knob cap #2  
If you could not blow threw it, maybe its a one-way valve deal???

I noticed that little hole in the blue cap when doing the 500 hr.

Mine points to the front and upward when tight... Perfect for taking in contaminants if it is not a one-way.

/ Heads Up!!! Front axle vent knob cap #3  
The front axle on my M6040 has two plugs. One to fill - one to check fill level. There is an axle vent system. A plug with a metal pipe about two inches long. Sticks straight up from the center of the plug. A rubber hose attaches to the pipe and goes up to the height of the top of the air cleaner. It's clipped to the firewall. The rubber hose terminates with a one way valve.

Rather a complicated setup for a unit designed to "work the soil". I guess it's designed for deep water plowing. Ha - ha.

/ Heads Up!!! Front axle vent knob cap #4  
Rather a complicated setup for a unit designed to "work the soil". I guess it's designed for deep water plowing. Ha - ha.

Technically it is. These Japanese and Korean tractors are design and built to work on rice paddies where the front axle is almost buried under water. That's also why they use portal style front axles.

/ Heads Up!!! Front axle vent knob cap
The front axle on my M6040 has two plugs. One to fill - one to check fill level. There is an axle vent system. A plug with a metal pipe about two inches long. Sticks straight up from the center of the plug. A rubber hose attaches to the pipe and goes up to the height of the top of the air cleaner. It's clipped to the firewall. The rubber hose terminates with a one way valve.

Yeah it's a one way that's what the rubber seal is for ,, but i cleaned of the bottom
with the two holes and tried to blow through ,, nope clogged up hole .
I think this is the same setup for up to 45 hp , as the XG3025 uses the same frame
i was told by my dealer and the same motor until you get into the 40 hp +
tractors the motors are just tuned for what horse power they want the tractor to be .

/ Heads Up!!! Front axle vent knob cap #6  
oosik you better invest in a wet suit, gloves, boots, hood full
mask and divers air tanks 🤣

willy

/ Heads Up!!! Front axle vent knob cap #7  
Many tractors have pressurized front axle. No vent.

/ Heads Up!!! Front axle vent knob cap #8  
I double checked mine, It works, and as a one way. Also found that my oil level was a little lower even after running it around initially after filling it. Good to check stuffs now and again(y)