Heat in my Massey 1440v

/ Heat in my Massey 1440v #1  

Ram0689

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1440V
Hi all

I live in the Adirondack mountains and am looking to put some heat in my tractor.
Can anyone tell me if the water pump has ports for running heater hoses.

/ Heat in my Massey 1440v #2  
It most likely does not - the 1400 series never came with cab option.

/ Heat in my Massey 1440v #3  
I'd say any tractor that had a water pump could supply a heater as after all you just want to circulate the heated coolant via your heater core.
From there hose size is the challenge. Some splitting device would need to be devised I presume.
On my CUT I had a 1/4" bypass that I used to circulate the hot coolant to a small school bus heater core.
LOL, forget how I did the return but all I know it has worked for some 10 years now.

I modified the bus core (about 6 in X 6in) by using a 5 x 5 '12 VDC 'muffin fan' since the old bus fan was bulky and noisy.
Also the muffin fan was much more efficient.

/ Heat in my Massey 1440v #4  
Hi all

I live in the Adirondack mountains and am looking to put some heat in my tractor.

It seems the connections are on the thermostat house and the head.
Check out; AGCO parts books, than log in as guest.
Maybe this link works. Login

/ Heat in my Massey 1440v #5  
Hi all

When I purchased my MF in 2009, I also had a hard sided cab with a heater installed.

The dealer cut both heater hoses close to the engine, added a "tee" fitting to each hose, and then ran both hoses to each heater connection.

So I believe just about any tractor can have a hot water heater added.

KC